Thread: 2004 HPX John Deere 4x4 needs help.

Thanks

2004 HPX John Deere 4x4 needs help.

I have a 2004 John Deere Gator HPX 4WD. It idles fine, and starts fine. But when I give it some gas it about dies if I don't pull the choke. It runs, but only if I keep pulling and releasing the choke. Could the gas line be clogged? I'm thinking it's not getting the fuel it needs when I press the gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    What I found on my 05 which is the same as yours is in the side of the carb bowl there is a electronic valve (wire running to it). I took that valve out and pluged the hole with a bolt and ran the gator and to my amazment it ran better than when it was new. So the valve has a pin which slides in and out I cut that pin off and reinstalled the valve with wire attached and my gator has been running great for the past 5 years. What the valve is for, no idea! Pull the valve and plug the hole and try it before you cut the pin off. Let us know what happens.
    2005 HPX, My add ons ( w/OPS, XUV wheels,1 1/2 inch spacers front & rear, at489 tires, 3000 lb winch, body armor spray in bedliner,self made one peice windshield & roof, homemade snowplow.