I bought a 2007 Gator HPX last year. It has the hydraulic lift for the snowplow. There seemed to be a problem with the parts not being aligned, and it made a noise when lowering the blade. I took it to a shop in Arvada, CO, and the guy there made a real mess of it. He changed the cylinder for one which was the wrong length, made the mis-alignment worse, and generally screwed things up more than before. The first time I used it after he "fixed" it, the 40 amp fuse for the plow lift blew.

Recently I found a neighbor who knows about hydraulics and is an engineer, welder, etc. He put the original cylinder back in, with some spacers to keep it centered, and aligned the mounting brackets etc. It seemed to be working but today it blew a fuse again. I was clearing a pile of snow which the county puts at the top of my driveway as they plow the road, so I was going back and forth, raising and lowering the plow frequently. My mechanic thinks this may cause the fuse to blow. Or it may be some remaining problem introduced by the moron who messed it up, because it did not do this last year.

Has anyone else had problems with this fuse blowing if you raise and lower the plow frequently?

Thanks