Thread: Track Kits for the Gator 825i

Thanks

Track Kits for the Gator 825i

Hello from upstate New York everyone, I just bought w/ assistance from my mechanic brother, a set of used 2011 Camoplast -now Camso- Tatou 4S tracks for my Gator, Happy Holidays to me & the machine! I plan on using these for winter recreational riding, including pulling a snow groomer on private trails, maybe some winter logging & definitely maple sap collection of about 100 buckets in the spring. I have to convert a trailer for snow use too, come to think of it.

I realize track kits require:

1. A greater turning radius & thinking a few steps ahead when driving.
    2. You shouldn't try extreme maneuvers or "cranking them off" when driving.
    3. Driving in reverse maybe more difficult, It maybe easier to winch myself out of trouble than backing up with these.
    4. A general rule of thumb, I'm told is you can only drive about 1/2 speed w/ tracks on a machine, for the 825i, that's about 20 mph.

I must now purchase a "transfer kit" to convert these tracks, for use from a 2011 Kubota RTV to my '14 Gator 825i w/ power steering, along w/ adding a 2 inch lift kit from PDI-racing.com, too. So I find myself in need of this communities expertise & opinions about track kits.

1. What does everyone think of tracks in general? Do you have any stories -good or bad- about them? What should I not do when driving with tracks on the Gator?
    2. What would you do differently if buying a set of tracks today? Buy a premade transfer kit or build you own, etc... Any horror stories welcome.
    3. I've contacted ATVtracks.net & requested the cost of a transfer kit, which is an addition $750.00 they've said to make the conversion. Does anybody have experience with this company? What other companies out there make a transfer kit? What is your experience with them?

Almost any experience with your tracked ATV or UTV would help me out, please let me know. Oh & for those of you interested, new Camso -formerly Camoplast- track kits for any Gator model is $5295.00 at Atvtracks.net & $5500.00 at a local Polaris dealer here in NY state, which is still cheaper than a new snowmobile. Tracks take up as much room in storage as a snowmobile too. Thanks for your help.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks
    Wow, if your tracks are like this tracks, then congrats first of all

Beste Grüße aussem Chatten-Club, Wolle

Thanks
    jd.rasentrac, I have purchased the previous generation Tatou 4S tracks, those are the newest generation 4S1, from Camso. In the process of ordering that transfer kit I mentioned & waiting for enough snow, since I sold my snowmobile earlier this year. Will post pictures ASAP.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BillT For This Useful Post:

jd.rasentrac (11-30-2018)

Thanks
    I’m sure you are aware of this, however I thought I would mention just in case.

I would certainly consider changing all fluids and lubricants including wheel bearings to synthetic now in preparation for winter.

Also it is important to clean out the tracks after each use.

Make sure you understand which lift kit you are receiving, I believe Extreme makes a kit for the front only.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bradhill For This Useful Post:

BillT (12-23-2018)

Thanks
    Recently inspected all four of the tracks & 1 of the rear units needs seals & bearings replaced in the main hub & some of the guide wheels. Red dirt got past the outer cap & seals to ruin the bearings.
    If anybody is looking at buying used tracks:
    1. Look at all the guide wheels for flat spots-- a sign the tracks weren't thawed between uses.
    2. Pull all inspection covers off the guide & idler wheels, if dirt or debris are inside than the seals & bearing maybe compromised.
    3. If track is torn or ragged in appearance than it was probably driven in 2 wheel drive or abused some other way. These units should only be driven in 4 wheel drive.

Still waiting on the last parts from the transfer kit I ordered. Well there isn't enough snow in upstate New York to use them yet anyway.

bradhill, thanks for the heads up. I decided not to get the lift kit from PDI Racing after reading some extremely bad online customer service reviews & my calls or emails not being returned.
    Last edited by BillT; 12-23-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    Bill T

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BillT For This Useful Post:

jd.rasentrac (12-24-2018)

Thanks
    Check with https://allterrainonline.com for a front end “leveling kit”

When I contacted Extreme Products who makes this lift, they were very helpful.

Thanks
    Post pictures of the tracks when you have a chance. Tracks always look awesome.
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 200mph For This Useful Post:

bradhill (01-20-2019)