Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new 835

Thanks

new 835

looks like they are trying to make the gator a comfortable little vehicle with heat and AC , I didn't buy my gator for comfort it was supposed to be a working , hunting fishing vehicle if you want this kind of comfort , I guess you should buy a Toyota or comparable vehicle and power steering , come on, these are lighter then an early VW why would you need power steering on this type of vehicle, unless you have no strength at all I own a 72 f250 4x4 with manual steering these are mens vehicals meant for work, which the gator started out to be, o well each to his own , I personally will stick to my f250 and my basic no AC heat or power 825i and less stuff to break or repair

Thanks
    I must respectively disagree. I am 46 years old & primarily use the 2014 825i Gator for trail riding & maintenance of our wood lot & logging / wood hauling in the Fall. Yes, I go out w/ friends to ride, grill & relax too, during summer there's a folding chair & cooler in the back. We aren't allowed to ride on public land or drive these on road in New York State.
    Power Steering
    - try pulling a felled log uphill w/out it, or just driving around all day, this is awfully nice to have. It has not failed me yet. Gators don't mind crawling through the woods at 2 mph all day, but diving without p/s it can take a lot out of a person. Being fatigued can be dangerous in the woods or by yourself anywhere.

Heat-- you ever get caught without the proper clothes while working or hunting, when the sun goes down, it can get cold. Maybe you started work at noon in a tee-shirt & stayed out until 8 or 9 without a jacket to slip on? Even been caught in the rain? Having a cab & heater makes it a much nicer trip back to camp or home. Avoid getting sick, have a cab & heater.

Air-conditioning-- Even with the temperature in the 80s & 90s & high humidity in New York lately, I tend to agree with you about that, A/C in a Gator, can you say Oxymoron? Apparently its useful in other parts of the Country / World, where farmers, ranchers & others use it. But if your purchase these to work you want to be comfortable all day, humidity &/or heat can be as dangerous as the cold. If you are joined by young children or dogs A/C can help them out. By the way, the Gator dealer told me this year A/C was a $1500.00 option! Well Can Am, Kabota & others added it first!

Glass windshield w/ wiper --Ever try & drive your F-250 while it's raining w/out wipers? I did twice with my Gator, it was a long, slow trip back to camp & a wiper would've been appreciated both times. I couldn't see very well, but after the upgrade it's a much more pleasant ride in the rain.

LED Lights -- what can I say, but these are much better than the stock lights ANY O.E. manufacturer puts on their machines. So much more useful / stable than a flashlight or lantern too.

As you say... to each their own.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks
    Saw the first 835M and 865M in germany today at my JD-dealer, Nice bench, but my favorite is the 550...

Sorry but I can't upload images here. Maybe there are differences between the american and the european models.

Beste Grüße aussem Chatten-Club, Wolle

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT View Post
    I must respectively disagree. I am 46 years old & primarily use the 2014 825i Gator for trail riding & maintenance of our wood lot & logging / wood hauling in the Fall. Yes, I go out w/ friends to ride, grill & relax too, during summer there's a folding chair & cooler in the back. We aren't allowed to ride on public land or drive these on road in New York State.
    Power Steering
    - try pulling a felled log uphill w/out it, or just driving around all day, this is awfully nice to have. It has not failed me yet. Gators don't mind crawling through the woods at 2 mph all day, but diving without p/s it can take a lot out of a person. Being fatigued can be dangerous in the woods or by yourself anywhere.

Heat-- you ever get caught without the proper clothes while working or hunting, when the sun goes down, it can get cold. Maybe you started work at noon in a tee-shirt & stayed out until 8 or 9 without a jacket to slip on? Even been caught in the rain? Having a cab & heater makes it a much nicer trip back to camp or home. Avoid getting sick, have a cab & heater.

Air-conditioning-- Even with the temperature in the 80s & 90s & high humidity in New York lately, I tend to agree with you about that, A/C in a Gator, can you say Oxymoron? Apparently its useful in other parts of the Country / World, where farmers, ranchers & others use it. But if your purchase these to work you want to be comfortable all day, humidity &/or heat can be as dangerous as the cold. If you are joined by young children or dogs A/C can help them out. By the way, the Gator dealer told me this year A/C was a $1500.00 option! Well Can Am, Kabota & others added it first!

Glass windshield w/ wiper --Ever try & drive your F-250 while it's raining w/out wipers? I did twice with my Gator, it was a long, slow trip back to camp & a wiper would've been appreciated both times. I couldn't see very well, but after the upgrade it's a much more pleasant ride in the rain.

LED Lights -- what can I say, but these are much better than the stock lights ANY O.E. manufacturer puts on their machines. So much more useful / stable than a flashlight or lantern too.

As you say... to each their own.
    I just purchased an 835R and love the heat and air it works great and it's a hard working machine

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garyp267 View Post
    I just purchased an 835R and love the heat and air it works great and it's a hard working machine

Congratulations please post photos

Thanks
    I have about 15 hours on it now and runs great did my first oil change at 10 hours.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garyp267 For This Useful Post:

Avalanche#50 (02-07-2019),bradhill (09-28-2018)

Thanks
    Very nice !! If you looking for seat covers check with Gilmores Camo https://www.gillmorescamo.com

They are a awesome company to work with.
    I’ve had covers on my 2012 825i with sport seats for about 4 years they are very durable and fit like a glove.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bradhill For This Useful Post:

garyp267 (09-30-2018)

Thanks

accessories

I said nothing about not having wipers or extra bright lights, I have both infact I have work led lights on the front side and back of the Gator , and try to dress for the outing , back packed for years , something you need to organize for, I apologize if I offended any one about having Ac power steering and heat, what ever suits you I guess works, but not for me to much added expense and future repair costs, these machines cost enough without any extras.

Thanks
    No offense taken, campoman. We all have different priorities. I noticed those accessories needed upgrading on my 825i, so I included them in the list, what a difference LEDs are over the stock headlights. I personally would like to get a newer UTV, either a 835 Gator or a Can Am Defender w/ track kit, myself. However I've set up my 825i the way I want it now & will use it until it becomes necessary to replace this one. As you said they are expensive, Happy trails, campoman.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks
    Thank you I do some seat covers!
    Quote Originally Posted by bradhill View Post
    Very nice !! If you looking for seat covers check with Gilmores Camo https://www.gillmorescamo.com

They are a awesome company to work with.
    I’ve had covers on my 2012 825i with sport seats for about 4 years they are very durable and fit like a glove.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast