Thread: No power when turning key on

Thanks

Angry No power when turning key on

With new batteries installed and 50.4 volts available, gator shows now power available at graph, no headlights, horn or backup alarm, nor will it move. Have checked 4 fuses, continuing through key switch, battery connections, seat switch, ensured that brake was not engaged, charging cable was not connected. System will also not show a charge from charger

Thanks
    First you should have 12 volts at the battery

check both connections at battery make sure they are clean also check your ground connections at frame and engine , check all fuses related

Thanks

battery voltage

getting back to this your battery could be shorted or sulfated, locate a load tester and check voltage under a load , should hold at least 10 volts for 15 seconds if it drops down below 10 volts you need a battery, hope this helps

4. The Following User Says Thank You to campoman For This Useful Post:

gone2thewoods (09-13-2018)

Thanks
    The Gator 4x4 TE uses as 48vdc battery pack (8 6vdc batteries). Problem found to be two things. 1. 50 amp fuse in the Gator charging port was corroded, 2. Charging port in the Gator also had a faulty terminal connector. Replaced both and life is good. Thanks for your reply!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gone2thewoods For This Useful Post:

khnitz (10-10-2018)

Thanks

Unhappy Gator TE Problems

Hi there, I'm new to the forum.
    I have a Gator TE which we have had around the farm for years. In a rush this morning i went to pull it out of the way and managed to drag the charger along with it. the charger dropped to the floor but seems to still be working ok. However the gator is now dead when turning the key. the headlights work fine, but there is no battery level indication light, and no movement whatsoever.

I have stripped it down underneath the seat to reveal the control box but there is no status light flashing. I'm hazarding a guess that is has blown the control box but i have no way or knowledge of how to test that. Any other ideas?

thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Ben_; 08-24-2019 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Hi Ben_,

Although your symptoms are similar to the OP's, I would have started a new thread for your specific issue.

Based on what happened, I would start by checking out the charging port on your eGator. Disconnect the battery supply/ground, and then remove and examine that port. The OP in this thread found problems with the fuse inside the connector as well as with one of the terminals. Since you drove off with the charger connected, the port may have damaged pins, wires, or something else that is a problem internally.

If you have to replace the charging port, prepare for sticker-shock. I was not able to locate a reasonably-priced replacement for these when I had to repair a charger that had been damaged by the previous owner of my 2000 eGator.

Good luck!
    Karl