Thread: XUV835 4WD on demand

Thanks

XUV835 4WD on demand

I have a XUV835M with a Fisher Trailblazer snow plow. The thing that bothers me is John Deere's "4WD on demand". When I am on the lawn to push snow back the front wheels will not engage until the rear ones start to slip and I am tearing up the lawn. Does anyone know, or know of anyone that might know, of a way to make it a true full time 4WD?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I have a XUV835M with a Fisher Trailblazer snow plow. The thing that bothers me is John Deere's "4WD on demand". When I am on the lawn to push snow back the front wheels will not engage until the rear ones start to slip and I am tearing up the lawn. Does anyone know, or know of anyone that might know, of a way to make it a true full time 4WD?
    I’m not certain you can modify the 4WD system to achieve “true full time 4WD”.

Have you added ballast to the bed of the Gator? This may help,also you might be able to lower the tire pressure in all tires to help with traction.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bradhill View Post
    I’m not certain you can modify the 4WD system to achieve “true full time 4WD”.

Have you added ballast to the bed of the Gator? This may help,also you might be able to lower the tire pressure in all tires to help with traction.
    Probably have to wait a couple of years for someone to come out with a mod. The bed is level full of fire wood and I don't want to any lower tire pressure any more, they are all ready a little squished. Traction is not the problem, I can push a mountain of snow, literally as high as the hood, without spinning at all. It's just that for the front wheels to engage the rears have to first slip a little then they stay engaged until you stop. Oh well, I still love it. Thanks anyway.