Hello from upstate New York everyone, I just bought w/ assistance from my mechanic brother, a set of used 2011 Camoplast -now Camso- Tatou 4S tracks for my Gator, Happy Holidays to me & the machine! I plan on using these for winter recreational riding, including pulling a snow groomer on private trails, maybe some winter logging & definitely maple sap collection of about 100 buckets in the spring. I have to convert a trailer for snow use too, come to think of it.

I realize track kits require:

1. A greater turning radius & thinking a few steps ahead when driving.
  2. You shouldn't try extreme maneuvers or "cranking them off" when driving.
  3. Driving in reverse maybe more difficult, It maybe easier to winch myself out of trouble than backing up with these.
  4. A general rule of thumb, I'm told is you can only drive about 1/2 speed w/ tracks on a machine, for the 825i, that's about 20 mph.

I must now purchase a "transfer kit" to convert these tracks, for use from a 2011 Kubota RTV to my '14 Gator 825i w/ power steering, along w/ adding a 2 inch lift kit from PDI-racing.com, too. So I find myself in need of this communities expertise & opinions about track kits.

1. What does everyone think of tracks in general? Do you have any stories -good or bad- about them? What should I not do when driving with tracks on the Gator?
  2. What would you do differently if buying a set of tracks today? Buy a premade transfer kit or build you own, etc... Any horror stories welcome.
  3. I've contacted ATVtracks.net & requested the cost of a transfer kit, which is an addition $750.00 they've said to make the conversion. Does anybody have experience with this company? What other companies out there make a transfer kit? What is your experience with them?

Almost any experience with your tracked ATV or UTV would help me out, please let me know. Oh & for those of you interested, new Camso -formerly Camoplast- track kits for any Gator model is $5295.00 at Atvtracks.net & $5500.00 at a local Polaris dealer here in NY state, which is still cheaper than a new snowmobile. Tracks take up as much room in storage as a snowmobile too. Thanks for your help.