Thread: Gator CX Running Issue

Thanks

Gator CX Running Issue

Hey gang. My CX for some reason is having a problem running. I get going and start to scoot down the property and it acts like it's running out of gas. ( it's not ) I pull the coke to keep in running, put it in neutral and I can rev the engine. I shift into forward start off and go about 20 feet and again it starts acting like it's out of gas. I can limp back to the garage by playing with the choke.

Got any ideas where I should start looking? The gas is new. Air filter is new. Unit is like new (I still have the OEM plastic bags on the seats). Unit is maybe 7 years old (stop laughing WOEII)

Thanks
    Sounds like you may need some maintenance, I know you've said the fuel is new but start from scratch. Ask a friend to assist as a second set of eyes, too

1. You may have water in your fuel. Check your tank & verify that isn't the cause, drain the tank if necessary. Purchase non-ethanol fuel or use a fuel stabilizer to prevent ethanol contamination.
    2. Check for sediment or dirt at the bottom of your gas tank, too
    3. Remove & check the fuel filter, replace if necessary, especially if you don't know when it was changed.
    4. Check & clean the carburetor, my Honda generator was 7 or 8 years old & needed the carb cleaned & rebuilt from dirt in it.

Get back to us & let us know what the problem is.
    Last edited by BillT; 01-11-2019 at 10:26 PM.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillT For This Useful Post:

jd.rasentrac (01-12-2019),Ocalaguy (01-12-2019)

Thanks
    Thanks Bill. I going to work on it today now that the temp is above 58°. Us Florida people can't work out in the cold

Thanks
    Took the fuel filter off and blew it out. Put it back on and runs with no problems. I just ordered two and they'll be here Monday. Hopefully that's the problem.

Later today I'm going to drain all the gas out of the tank and start with new gas. I've got some one gallon glass jars I can fill with gas and check that I don't have any water in my 5 gallon jugs.

As an x POL guy, I know water in the fuel when I see it.

Thanks
    My father is sensitive to cold & now weathers the winter season in Florida, so I understand. Someone asked him recently why he came home for Christmas & his reply was "... I'm married."

He built a cargo box, for his CX so as not to damage the plastic 1 that comes on it & electric arm to raise & lower it. A few years ago he added a water tank & sprayer, mounted this in an inexpensive trailer to water my mother's plants, you should see them driving around the yard! It's even funnier when the Jack Russel "grand dog" wants to ride! Thankfully the dog is too short to drive. I use it during the winter in New York to haul wood & heat the garage when my brother or I work in there on my 825i Gator -- I just added a Camso Track Kit, his snowmobiles, etc...

Anyway glad to hear your machine is running better, Ocalaguy. Are there any geographic issues the CX has being used in FL?

Get on the machine, ride & enjoy it, I say.

Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!