Thread: CX: aftermarket socket for the front turn signal housing?

Thanks

CX: aftermarket socket for the front turn signal housing?

'06 CX. I want to put another headlight bulb into the space for the turn signal on the front. With LED's I should be able to do a simple splice to the real headlight w/o power concerns. Not looking for focused light, just more light is all I need.

That said, the signal hole is the same diameter as the headlight hole, but it takes a 3 tab socket, not the 2tab of the headlight.
    I'm not at all interested in paying JD prices for the entire signal kit; all I want is a socket to snap into that hole.

Looks like there's probably some vehicle out there with this same 3tab layout. Any ideas? Surely Dorman or someone makes something that would fit...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Good news- it's a standard socket. google or amazon '12v brake light socket'. And/ or include 3157 (bulb type). Pics are good enough to compare the 3 tabs. Several companies make them. Mine was Tomall. Brown. Then get the lights ( I went LED), some extra wire 'cuz the leads aren't long enough. And some quick splices. Viola! more light.
    I had one headlight assembly out, so I cleaned out the innerds to shine 'em up. Also put some foil tape over the amber color. The side I did that on is noticeably brighter.
    lights in the flasher housing did make a difference. Especially in ambient/peripheral lighting. A good $25 upgrade if you need it at night.

Thanks
    Thanks, great information. I’m looking to do the exact same thing.