Thread: New Gator owner with an apparently odd machine

Hybrid View

Thanks

New Gator owner with an apparently odd machine

Based on everything I've found, I would have guessed it was a TH6x4. However, the s/n didn't agree with anything I could find online (I couldn't find any reference whatsoever).

My son decided to send the info to a friend who works at a JD Dealership. I hadn't thought of it because they only deal in the large construction end of JD (excavators, dozers, rock trucks, etc). Anyways, she put the s/n in and came up with the following, suggesting it is a 2000, even though this forum shows TH6x4 as 2005+:

IMG_9275 (1).jpg

It's been around the back 40 a few times, but runs pretty well and seems to be mechanically fairly sound. Did see the temp idiot light go on after about a half hour, and the engine did seem hot - burning off excess oil. Will need to dig into it a bit and see what I can find.

69E1CD52-BE5A-42C0-80F5-C5B1E060F7C3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Congratulations on your purchase, Saurkrt. Enjoy the ride, may it serve you well. This page here suggests that the Gator TH was first made in the early 1990's, take a look.

https://blog.machinefinder.com/14979...%20use%20today.
    Last edited by BillT; 07-21-2021 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!