I have my 620i and it seemed to have about half the power and saw the blinking light. I think 5 or 6 long blinks and maybe 2 short blinks. I replaced the 2 spark plugs and the back plug looked dark and burned. I can start it with the back plug wire removed and I get the same blinking light code with that wire removed. I am assuming it is the coil. It looks like two bolts that need to be removed in order to replace that coil. The coil is about $55 I believe at the JD Dealer but they are closed on Sat because of this Virus issue. I need to know if the coils I see on the web for about $12-$20 are a safe way to go? If they are made in China I do not want them but I do not know where the OEM Coil is manufactured? I might be made in Japan because that is where the engine is made.
Anyone have experience changing out this coil and should I only use the OEM Coil?
I am not sure what size bolt is holding on that coil because it is almost imposable to see. Anyone have knowledge of replacing this coil before?