Thread: 825i has no power to instruments when turn the key on

Thanks

825i has no power to instruments when turn the key on

This has probably been covered before but I could not find it in any of my searches. My 825i died while in the field today. It definitely appears electrical. I checked the battery connections and once in a while the fuel pump would prime and instruments would light up, but when I turned key to start it everything went dead. I have cleaned the battery connections and changed out the relay that is in the battery compartment. Sometimes I get the fuel pump to prime and sometimes I get nothing when I turn the key on. That relay in the battery compartment clicks right before everything goes dead. I have checked all the fuses and they all appear OK. Does anyone have any advice? What is that relay in the battery compartment?

Thanks for any guidance. I use the gator to spray weeds commercially and am dead in the water till I get this running again.

MontanaGator

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaGator View Post
    This has probably been covered before but I could not find it in any of my searches. My 825i died while in the field today. It definitely appears electrical. I checked the battery connections and once in a while the fuel pump would prime and instruments would light up, but when I turned key to start it everything went dead. I have cleaned the battery connections and changed out the relay that is in the battery compartment. Sometimes I get the fuel pump to prime and sometimes I get nothing when I turn the key on. That relay in the battery compartment clicks right before everything goes dead. I have checked all the fuses and they all appear OK. Does anyone have any advice? What is that relay in the battery compartment?

Thanks for any guidance. I use the gator to spray weeds commercially and am dead in the water till I get this running again.

MontanaGator
    Check under your dash and make sure the number 1 terminal is ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk