Thread: MY Gator 1997 6x4 Needed some work.

Thanks

MY Gator 1997 6x4 Needed some work.

I picked up this gator down in ohio. It was in pretty rough shape oil was milky white and it was/is pretty rusty. I have since installed a new waterpump and gaskets. Cleaned out everything. Then I took off the bed and painted it. I also treated all of the rust with converter and painted it. I bedlined the bed and floor and undercoated it. My next thing is going to be stregthening the chasis and a roll cage. Rust has not been kind to this one. In the end it will be alot better. :)

Before Pictures:

After Pictures for now!

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum Jspec!
    Nice resto project and she is lookin good to. Thanks for the pics!

Thanks
    Did some more work. Front and rear hitches roll/light bar and front end HID conversion! I need more light!! Those lights are off an audi 90 with an HID kit! :) Next is rear and side LED flood lights. They are on my desk just need to be installed!!

Here are the pics!

Thanks
    liked your make over on your gator, gave me a little inspiration to make a light bar for mine ordered some mini driving lights to mount on it.. still thinking about making A front bumper and brush guard for it.

Thanks
    Looks great! Just be careful with driving lights and such. We only have a 20amp magneto to work with. You will kill your battery in a hurry with halagen lights. Try LEDS or HIDS they draw alot less energy. I like the bedrails! I just wish I installed mine a bit different. I really wanted a windshield.

Thanks
    i added some extra lightson the front and rear, a winch that i use for lifting a home built front blade , i simply bought the brackets from j.d. that are used for the high output gen and then used a cheaper car alternater to keep the battery in good shape, i am wanting to sell my 6x4 and get an hpx or xuv.. i'll post a few pics here if i can, i have added alot of extras to this and it is a great machine that i have owned since 01
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Jspec, your machine looks very much like the one I picked up a few days ago. Do you have 5 idiot lights right in front of you and the ignition switch is in the center of the dash? My label is gone and I don't see one in the pictures of your machine. How did you figure out it was a 1997?

This is Arizona, so I don't have the rust problem. But the seats are rotted out from the sun and I have to replace fluids, filters, and drive belt ASAP, then I'll take a closer look. But overall everything works and I've started using it everyday instead of my AMT622.