Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 825 i thru water

Thanks
    I never stopped in the deeper water that is why I did not get a drownout I could tell the belt was slipping as the motor revved up but was not pulling much. I stopped where it was shallow and shifted to low range and it seemed to correct itself pretty quik. I know the water got into the cvt thru the breather by the fuel tank as that was in the current on the way thru. I checked the transaxle oil and it seemed fine. In that situation not stopping is key!! I like my deere equipment and think the gator is the best for working and to trail ride but in the water this gator cannot swim. The folks at deere should be going hmmmm!!!!!

Thanks
    I don't know how much all the electronic engine components will like being submerged often. The engine's ignition coils aren't much higher than that exhaust vent for the belt. Getting ignition coils wet is usually a big no-no! Also the spark plugs being recessed down into the cylinder head is a good place for water to get stuck and ground out the ignition. The factory height of the belt intake and engine air intake is as far as I'm comfortable with!

Thanks
    This kind of makes for a questionable all terrain vehicle.

Thanks
    All terrain except water over 24" deep. Good enough for me, the water on my property only gets about 18" deep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12