Thread: (TX) Older 4x2 Gator carburetor issue

Thanks

(TX) Older 4x2 Gator carburetor issue

I have an older Gator with a Kawasaki engine. Recently, the motor has started stalling when the accelerator is depressed, even when it has warmed up. I can prevent the stall by choking the carburetor, but it is to the point that I almost have to drive with the choke on constantly. I have replaced each of the carburetor gaskets, thinking that I must have an air leak, but to no avail. The fuel pump is delivering gas to the carburetor. The air filter is not the issue. I am to the point that I am ready to try a new carburetor. Is there an aftermarket source, or do I have to go to John Deere? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Deer season is a week a way and I need this unit to run!

Thanks, Mike.

Thanks
    Sounds like the carburator has plugged passageways that need cleaned,Get some good carb cleaner and spray it down good and use air to blow out passages, might take few times at it.

Thanks
    Gatordone,

I did finally solve the problem. I cleaned the carburetor (a friend has a carb cleaning pot with solvent) and I also discovered that the air intake flow restrictor, (a plastic orifice located in the air filter housing) had fallen out, probably when I checked condition of the air filter last week. It now runs as it did before. I think the missing air flow restrictor was the bulk of the problem, but the carb could have been fouled as well.

I did discover a great Gator forum at tractorpoint.com that has a discussion of a multitude of issues with some great contributors. Not to take anything away from this forum, just mentioning another source of info when trying to deal with problems.

I bought my gator used from a construction company that was winding down and was selling off equipment. I live out in the sticks in the Missouri Ozarks on 78 acres, with national forest around me. My gator is indespensible and is one of the best buys I ever made. It ranks right up there with the wife.

Cheers!

mike

Thanks

Gator CX Carberator problem

I had a problem with the motor stopping. It would not run without the choke pulled out. I solved it by replacing the needle in the carberator and the fuel filter. I also had to shave down the sides of the needle to keep it from sticking.
    Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossjake View Post
    Gatordone,

I did finally solve the problem. I cleaned the carburetor (a friend has a carb cleaning pot with solvent) and I also discovered that the air intake flow restrictor, (a plastic orifice located in the air filter housing) had fallen out, probably when I checked condition of the air filter last week. It now runs as it did before. I think the missing air flow restrictor was the bulk of the problem, but the carb could have been fouled as well.

I did discover a great Gator forum at tractorpoint.com that has a discussion of a multitude of issues with some great contributors. Not to take anything away from this forum, just mentioning another source of info when trying to deal with problems.

I bought my gator used from a construction company that was winding down and was selling off equipment. I live out in the sticks in the Missouri Ozarks on 78 acres, with national forest around me. My gator is indespensible and is one of the best buys I ever made. It ranks right up there with the wife.

Cheers!

mike

Thanks
    I'm having a similar issue, but I can't seem to find the correct carb kit for my 2006 gator turf TX.