Thread: opinions on the the different enclosed cabs available

Thanks

opinions on the the different enclosed cabs available

Just found this forum and would be interested in what everyone's thoughts are about enclosed cabs. I recently ordered a 825i and should be delivered in jan. I curerently have a 620i which is a great machine but i am limited to what the weather is doing since i have no enclosed cab on that machine. I am thinking the polymer cab may be a wise investment since I would like to drive this machine year round. The deluxe glass cab looks nice but I do not think it is worth the extra $$$. Would it be difficult to remove the different cabs during the scorching summer days? I really like the open feeling during the summer.
    Another item, I must have a radio in this 825i. I like what john deere has to offer but a little pricey. Anybody have any experience with other manufactures of sound systems for the gator. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I think it really depends on what you will be doing in Winter - Plowing,Hunting, etc. I plow with out an enclosed cab, but it can get really nasty after about 30 minutes here in NW Illinois. You can always remove the cab or just the doors in the summer so you don't too hot or damage the cab. The John Deere cab looks really well made and fit and finish is top notch. Some of the other ones I have seen look kind of cheesy. That being said the JD unit is BIG $$. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting and post some Pictures.

Thanks
    Deere also offers a ops cab kit that has removable doors and back panel for the summer time, It is about half the price of the deluxe kit and works good.

Thanks
    just received my 825i about 3 weeks ago. This is a sweet machine. no cab on it yet. I am going with a OPS roof and windshield only. They are on backorder as of today. Also got the deere sound system on order. Should be a great amount of fun when spring arrrives. I will post some pics when I get everything the way I want

Thanks
    I have the deluxe cab on mine and I like it very much as it has the greatest visual of all the options. That being said. summertime may require removal of the doors to keep it cool in there. fold out winshield is very nice and the wipers are good quality. with all the glass it is like sitting in the bubble of huey helicopter. The cost is high but I believe the resale would reflect the same. The heater is great to have these days in central wisconsin.

Thanks
    Another vote for the deluxe cab. Snowboss is right about the glass, it has great visibility and alot more durable than the lexan types. I paid about $3,700 extra for my deluxe cab w/doors. For what they are asking for other plastic and sheetmetal cabs I can live with the price.
    2011 825i