Thread: Steering Wheel

Thanks

Steering Wheel

Has anyone removed the steering wheel from a 13, 825i Gator and replaced it with a sporty steering wheel? I see the new midnight has a sporty steering wheel and was interested in changing mine for a cooler look.. If so, other then the John Deere one, is there other options that will fit as well?

Thanks
    I tried to remove my steering wheel so I could take the dash panel off, but the trick of backing off the nut and pulling real hard didn't work. They really torqued mine down good. Don't beat on it. Use a puller. Anything except the correct J-D puller will booger up the plastic wheel, but if you plan to replace it anyway maybe that's OK...

Thanks

825i Steering Wheel removal

Update 8 May 2015: Went out to the barn on a rainy afternoon for another try because I now have a shop manual on CD. It says to remove the nut and strike the wheel with a hammer to remove it. No puller listed in special tools section.
    I removed the nut and beat the wheel from underneath in several spots for many blows with a 2 lb. rubber hammer. No good. I tried to use a universal 3-jaw puller, but needed to fabricate an adapter collar to make that work, so no good for now. By removing the screw that attaches the shroud below the steering wheel, I got enough clearance to insert a flat steel CV joint puller attached to a 5 lb. slide hammer. Five hard licks in each of the three positions got zero movement. I put it back together for now. Planning to come up with a round collar to slip under the wheel to suit the 3-jaw puller. Max force on the puller combined with a brass hammer applied to the stem of the puller usually busts any steering wheel loose, but I have to wonder what they REALLY do in the dealer's shop...
    Anybody else ever remove the steering wheel on an 825i?

Thanks
    I tried the "beat on it with a hammer" approach without success. I then used a three armed puller and the wheel popped off. I did leave three small marks in the plastic on the back of the wheel where the puller jaws touched. The marks are not visible once the wheel was reinstalled.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info, I am tracking the info on the sport wheel on your other post FlorIhaho Chris..

Thanks
    I sprayed the shaft with Kroil let it sit for a day, then used a 28oz deadblow hammer on the underside. After considerable persuasion the wheel started to move.

Sent from my iPhone using my index finger