Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 825i oil capacity is a joke!

Thanks

825i oil capacity is a joke!

I was reading through my book and was shocked to see the oil capacity is only 1.37 quarts! WTF! I would expect a 3 cylinder car engine would hold more than that! 8 hrs for break in oil change then every 100 hrs after? Too long to go with such little capacity in my mind. It takes the same filter as the 620i too. When should I switch to synthetic and what brand should I use?

Thanks
    it will take 2 qaurts to change the oil and get it back to the full mark!! owners manual I think was printed by gremlins. I agree a motor that turns rpm like that should have double capacity and an oil cooler.

Thanks
    Is it exactly 2? Do you run synthetic? No oil cooler?

Thanks
    2 qts. is what it took to bring it up to the full mark. no cooler I put in deere oil as recommended.

Thanks
    My 855d took 2.2 qts to bring to the full mark (with a filter change). The manual also stated 1.37 qts, so clearly there's an error. I have a 1991 JD 332 with a 3-cylinder Yanmar diesel that holds 3 qts - it has over 2000 hours on the engine. I have used the Deere oil the entire time with no problems, changing the oil every 100 hours.

Thanks
    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]I use the new John Deere synthetic 0-W40 oil with CJ-4 rating, it's perfect for all temps. 2.2qts. is the correct oil level, my 332 garden tractor takes 3 qts. as well, it's basically the same engine as the Gator but the oil pan is deeper.[/COLOR]

Thanks
    I just bought the service manual for my 825i and it states approx 2.3 qt for an oil/filter change. The manual is very detailed and worth having.

Thanks
    Just turned 9hours on my 825i. When I went to change the oil and filter I found the filter on the gator was a different size as the new filter as in I needed a different filter wrench. Anybody else have this problem. And by the way this engine is built in China.

Thanks
    yep have a half dozen filter wrenches and not one works for it. channel lock is what i used. the china engine is what it is . I wish you could get an american gm motor instead. dont get me started.

Thanks
    I found it difficult to remove a few filters on some equipment I run untill I found this wrench at NAPA. It has removed all filters in all kinds of hard to reach spots. It self adjusts to the filter size and uses standard 3/8 drive tools. The harder you turn the harder it grabs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by m38inmaine; 12-18-2010 at 12:45 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast