Thread: Pro Gator 2020 won't start

Thanks

Pro Gator 2020 won't start

I have a Pro Gator 2020 that won't start. Engine quit after going over a bump, it still cranks but won't start. This is the second time this happened however, the first time it eventually re-started. My problem is compounded by the fact that I can't get the hydraulic bed to lift so that I can perform some troubleshooting.

Anyone out there know how to get the bed to lift and what I should look for as far as the engine that quit running after hitting a bump? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    It sounds like a loose wire but I'm just guessing. Good luck.

Bowman

Thanks
    I wonder what loose wire would keep it from getting spark. We finally got the bed lifted with the help of a tractor. Pulled the spark plugs and we have no spark. I'm going to try to find a wiring diagram.

Thanks
    Found a broken terminal (yellow wire #450) on the parking break micro switch. Ordered a new switch, hopefully this takes care of the problem.

Thanks
    I hope that works out for you. Good Luck.

Bowman

Thanks
    Most likely a pinched wire, It happened to ours last year. Had the same M.O., I hit a bump, engine cut out, started once, got it 10 feet and it died again. I found the fuses (see below) and replaced them, but as soon as I turned the key it blew the fuses everytime. The wire harness runs along the metal hydraulic lines on the right side and wires can get pinched in between the lines causing a short. Doesnt have to be a big pinch, after 2 hours of searching the repair shop found a pinch that was the size of a pinhead. There also are 2 fuses behind the front cover under the dash, a 10 amp and a 25 amp. Check the 10amp, it has something to do with the main fuel control system. We ended up putting all uncovered wire harnesses in plastic wire loom to protect the lines. Haven't had a problem since. The parking brake Micro switch SHOULDN'T (I believe) cause an issue, ours has been broken for a year and a half and it starts fine everyday.

Thanks
    Thanks guys for the support. Got the Gator running today. Downloaded the manual and followed the troubleshooting steps in sequence for the ignition system. Third check was a charm. Found a bad connection in the plug at the A3 Delay module (red 210). Starts and runs great now.

Thanks
    YAY!

Thanks
    guys i have a progator 2020 the problem i have with it is that all the hydraulic fluid goes straight to the engine! and it gets full all the way!i've drained engine and HYD,and start all over,but it does the same thing! i've also replace the gaskets and seals on the twin hyd pumps!WHAT ALSE CAN I DO TO IT?