Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About to order a 825i - need a little help

Thanks

About to order a 825i - need a little help

Due to the long distance (I'm located in Denmark) shipping costs makes it pretty expensive to add things later, so I need to do it right from the start. Any chance you guys could look through the list below and give me your thoughts?
    Is there anything I'll regret I added, or didn't add?
    Does anything conflict with each other (no red lights when going through the "Build Your Own" feature on JD's site)?

A dealer in US will add the things to the machine before shipment.

The list:

Thanks for building your Gator XUV 825i.

Here's a summary of your configuration:

ITEM QUANTITY PRICE
    BASE MODEL OPTIONS

XUV 825i Olive & Black
    Part #3971M
    1 $11,299.00

Black Steel Wheels Ancla M-T Extreme Terrain Tire
    Part #1001
    1 $0.00

High Performance Sport Seat - Black
    Part #2002
    1 $279.00

Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector
    Part #3002
    1 $329.00

Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window
    Part #4002
    1 $2,199.00

Power and Front Protection Package
    Part #5000
    1 $1,175.00

Rear Protection Package
    Part #5100
    1 $438.00

OPTIONAL ATTACHMENTS

Visor (1) Kit
    Part #BM21646
    1 $62.00

Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab
    Part #BM21651
    1 $258.00

Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab
    Part #BM21652
    1 $191.00

Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab
    Part #BM21656
    1 $51.00

Drawbar - 2 in. (51mm)
    Part #BM22290
    1 $34.00

Seat-Belt Comfort Strap (2)
    Part #BM22703
    1 $68.00

Cargo Box Divider
    Part #BM22769
    1 $169.00

Horn Kit
    Part #BM22978
    1 $85.00

Long Range Light Kit
    Part #BM23120
    1 $169.00

CE Kit
    Part #BM23187
    1 $0.00

Glass Door Kit - Deluxe Cab
    Part #BM23506
    1 $2,139.00

Deluxe Signal Light Kit
    Part #BM23764
    1 $139.00

Speed Limiter Kit
    Part #BM23771
    1 $59.00

Quiet Cab Kit (Gas) - Deluxe Cab
    Part #BM23805
    1 $339.00

---------------------------------------

Thanks.

Paul
    My ride:

XUV 825i Olive & Black with:
    Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tires * High Performance Sport Seats - Black * Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Glass Door Kit - Deluxe Cab * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector * Visor Kit * Front Light Kit * Rear Light Kit * Interior Light Kit * Drawbar * Side Mirrors * Seat-Belt Comfort Straps * Cargo Box Divider * Horn Kit * Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Quiet Cab Kit * Wiper robot (aftermarket) * Radio system (aftermarket) * Grille mounted Illuminated Gator (home made) * Compass.

PS. Please dont flame me for my lousy English

Thanks
    Looks pretty loaded. You may want to consider a winch though the JD is pretty pricy and small but unless you can get one over there and add later it may be a good idea. Of course this depends on how you are going to be using it. Off roading and in the mud it will come in handy. One other thing you may want to wait till they announce to see the 2012 if there are any changes you may like. Good luck with your Gator looks like it will be one sweet ride.
    Last edited by greg825i; 08-04-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    Now 2014 Camo 825i Gator XUV Power steering, Warn XT40 winch, front And rear protection package, high back sport seats, black alloy wheels with Maxxis tires, deluxe signal light kit, horn kit, long range light kit.

HAD 2011 825i Camo 825i Gator XUV Warn 350F Wireless Fog Lights Warn XT40 winch Prosum Equipment: Roof, windshield, back window

Thanks
    Thanks greg825i,

My brother use his 620i with winch on the same type terrain as I'll be using mine and he has never used his winch, so for now I'll pass on it. But I'll remember you words, the first time I'm stock somewhere :-)

You're right I might regret I didn't wait to see, what the 2012 model brings, but if waiting, I doubt I'll get a machine before next year?

Thanks for the input. It's much appreciated.

Paul
    My ride:

Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tires * High Performance Sport Seats - Black * Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Glass Door Kit - Deluxe Cab * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector * Visor Kit * Front Light Kit * Rear Light Kit * Interior Light Kit * Drawbar * Side Mirrors * Seat-Belt Comfort Straps * Cargo Box Divider * Horn Kit * Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Quiet Cab Kit * Wiper robot (aftermarket) * Radio system (aftermarket) * Grille mounted Illuminated Gator (home made) * Compass.

Thanks
    You may want to consider the maxxis big horn tire option, They are radials and ride alot better than the ancla's

Thanks
    Great configuration.

Yes, (3) additional inexpensive items you want to consider.
    1. Front Rack. When I configurated my gator, I was told that the front rack was not available with the Delux Cab. I assume they are concerned about a clearance problem when raising the windshield. At the dealer, I took the front rack from a gator without the deluxe cab and put it on one with the cab. No issue great fit. The windshield can open a few inches for ventilation and when you want to open it all the way, just lean the rack forward and raise the windshield. I now have the deluxe cab with the rack, ordered separately.
    2. I ordered the side mirrors for the deluxe cab. I like these, they tighten securely in place, yet they can be folded in, when required to several detent positions.
    3. I see that you don’t believe you need a winch at this time. I did not order the winch, but I did order the JD mounting kit and bought and installed an XT winch, I wanted synthetic rope and the standard JD winch has wire cable and costs too much. The mounting kit is specific for the gator so if you might consider a winch in the future, the kit for now may be a good thing to consider. These are the part numbers. I also bought the nuts and bolts but any misc hardware should work.
    Unit $ Extended $
    1 AM140515 BRACKET 58.8 58.8
    1 M161332 BRACKET 25.46 25.46

2 03M7185 BOLT .48 .96
    2 03M7381 BOLT 1.16 2.32
    2 M162101 SPACER 13.19 26.78
    6 14M7396 LOCK NUT .63 3.78
    2 19M7866 SCREW .68 1.36

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GATORDONE View Post
    You may want to consider the maxxis big horn tire option, They are radials and ride alot better than the ancla's
    I'm tempted, but are they really for $700 better? Will I get less vibration, or.......? And how will they act in snow?

Thanks.

Paul
    My ride:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CCGATOR View Post
    Great configuration.

Yes, (3) additional inexpensive items you want to consider.
    1. Front Rack. When I configurated my gator, I was told that the front rack was not available with the Delux Cab. I assume they are concerned about a clearance problem when raising the windshield. At the dealer, I took the front rack from a gator without the deluxe cab and put it on one with the cab. No issue great fit. The windshield can open a few inches for ventilation and when you want to open it all the way, just lean the rack forward and raise the windshield. I now have the deluxe cab with the rack, ordered separately.
    2. I ordered the side mirrors for the deluxe cab. I like these, they tighten securely in place, yet they can be folded in, when required to several detent positions.
    3. I see that you don’t believe you need a winch at this time. I did not order the winch, but I did order the JD mounting kit and bought and installed an XT winch, I wanted synthetic rope and the standard JD winch has wire cable and costs too much. The mounting kit is specific for the gator so if you might consider a winch in the future, the kit for now may be a good thing to consider. These are the part numbers. I also bought the nuts and bolts but any misc hardware should work.
    Unit $ Extended $
    1 AM140515 BRACKET 58.8 58.8
    1 M161332 BRACKET 25.46 25.46

2 03M7185 BOLT .48 .96
    2 03M7381 BOLT 1.16 2.32
    2 M162101 SPACER 13.19 26.78
    6 14M7396 LOCK NUT .63 3.78
    2 19M7866 SCREW .68 1.36
    I'm not going to carry much, so the room at the back is way enough, so not getting the front rack is OK.

I sure will add mirrors, but on another thread ( https://johndeeregatorforum.com/forum...addition/page3 ), someone said the JD ones vibrates so much, they're almost useless. He found better and cheaper ones on eBay. Wonder if they'll work on one with doors?

Good idea with the bracket etc. for the winch. I'll order those things.

Thanks alot.

Paul
    My ride:

Thanks
    Paul, I looked at the link that discussed the mirrors. The mirrors look sturdy but will not mount on the delux cab, the close fit integrated windshield will not permit mounting. My delux cab mirrors do not look as sturdy but I have absolutely no mirror vibration. The cab is solid and the mirror mount is part of the cab frame. Also it will not matter if the doors are on or off, or if the windshield is closed or partly open. I have no complaints with these mirrors.

Charlie

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pahawi View Post
    I'm tempted, but are they really for $700 better? Will I get less vibration, or.......? And how will they act in snow?

Thanks.

Paul
    Yes the maxxis tires are worth the extra money, the steel wheels are 12 inch, included in the 700.00 dollars are 14 inch wheels with the maxxis tires, more ground clearance and a great looking wheel, and I hear they are great in snow. IMHO

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CCGATOR View Post
    Paul, I looked at the link that discussed the mirrors. The mirrors look sturdy but will not mount on the delux cab, the close fit integrated windshield will not permit mounting. My delux cab mirrors do not look as sturdy but I have absolutely no mirror vibration. The cab is solid and the mirror mount is part of the cab frame. Also it will not matter if the doors are on or off, or if the windshield is closed or partly open. I have no complaints with these mirrors.

Charlie
    Charlie,

Thank you for explaining this - I will add the mirrors to the list.

Paul
    My ride:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast