Thread: weight distribution hitch??

Thanks

weight distribution hitch??

Has anyone tried using one on the gator? If I had one laying around I would try it, my problem is I would like to pull my 24' trailer around more but the tounge weight squats the back to much and have tried repositioning everything in the trailer but it's not enough

Thanks
    At that point I'd probably say the 24' trailer needs to be hooked to the truck and not the 1300# gator. I'm sure it'll pull it, but it has to be hell on the drive belt, clutches, and suspension. I don't know what your trailer weighs or how far you're going, but it wouldn't be my first choice to use my gator. But if you do, let us know how the weight distributing hitch works...I'd be interested.
    XUV 850d, Olive, Ops Roof, doors, sliding rear window, gun rack, Receiver mount winch front and rear, power dump, brush bar with headlight protection, bed liner, roof mount lights, standard steel wheels with 489's, etc... Modified 6x4 72" snow plow.

Thanks
    it actually pulls it fine I know its not good on the suspension and clutch but haven't had the belt slip yet in L ive drug the ice house around a few times a couple of miles each time on the lake with no issues yet curb wt on the shack is 3500 I believe so with all the gear in it atlest 4000 lbs a little more then the recommended 1500 towing capacity but the 2or 3 times its been good I wouldn't even think about trying it on any type of grade though that would be scary

Thanks
    It's not really the pulling I'd be worried about, its the stopping! Lol. Also, just because the belt isn't slipping doesn't mean it's not glazing it. I'm not saying don't do it, because I've dragged a lot behind mine, just watch yourself because you can get yourself or your machine hurt in a hurry! I pulled a 31' boat with an s10 blazer before...It did it, but I wouldn't do it again! Good luck man!!
    XUV 850d, Olive, Ops Roof, doors, sliding rear window, gun rack, Receiver mount winch front and rear, power dump, brush bar with headlight protection, bed liner, roof mount lights, standard steel wheels with 489's, etc... Modified 6x4 72" snow plow.