Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery will not keep a charge

Thanks

Unhappy Battery will not keep a charge

Ok, after almost three months of sitting, I had to jump the battery to get started. It worked fine that day. Came back a week later it was fine then two weeks of non use needed a jump. Now another two weeks have passed and needed a jump again. In case you are wondering I keep it at my cabin and visit on weekends.

I can't believe I need a new battery after less than a year. Any one else have this problem? Any ideas what could be wrong. Everything is off and I can't believe that the clock draws a lot of power. I am stumped. Help
    Now 2014 Camo 825i Gator XUV Power steering, Warn XT40 winch, front And rear protection package, high back sport seats, black alloy wheels with Maxxis tires, deluxe signal light kit, horn kit, long range light kit.

HAD 2011 825i Camo 825i Gator XUV Warn 350F Wireless Fog Lights Warn XT40 winch Prosum Equipment: Roof, windshield, back window

Thanks
    Had same problem. Bought a battery tender for about 30 bucks and now I don't have to worry abut it any more.

Thanks
    You definitely need a Battery Tender....there's just enough electric draw for like the clock and whatever else stays powered up when it's sitting to drain the battery after an extended period of time...it'll happen with a new car or truck too...buy a Battery Tender and you will be good to go whenever you want to turn the ignition switch and go....

I have a bunch of Battery Tenders on all my motorcycles and my JD Garden Tractor...your batteries will last a bunch of extra years by keeping them on the Battery Tenders too...that's the added bonus!!!

Larry in MD

Thanks
    I have a 855D (2011) and had battery trouble as well. Changed the alternator to 95amps. and changed the battery
    to a Odyssey Extreme Battery. Also have a battery tender. Running to many extra electronic for the stock system.
    This took care of all my needs!

J. Grace

Quote Originally Posted by greg825i View Post
    Ok, after almost three months of sitting, I had to jump the battery to get started. It worked fine that day. Came back a week later it was fine then two weeks of non use needed a jump. Now another two weeks have passed and needed a jump again. In case you are wondering I keep it at my cabin and visit on weekends.

I can't believe I need a new battery after less than a year. Any one else have this problem? Any ideas what could be wrong. Everything is off and I can't believe that the clock draws a lot of power. I am stumped. Help

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Grace View Post
    I have a 855D (2011) and had battery trouble as well. Changed the alternator to 95amps. and changed the battery
    to a Odyssey Extreme Battery. Also have a battery tender. Running to many extra electronic for the stock system.
    This took care of all my needs!

J. Grace
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I have another reason to run electricity to the cabin. Been using a generator when I need power. Which Odyssey Extreme battery did you get?
    Now 2014 Camo 825i Gator XUV Power steering, Warn XT40 winch, front And rear protection package, high back sport seats, black alloy wheels with Maxxis tires, deluxe signal light kit, horn kit, long range light kit.

HAD 2011 825i Camo 825i Gator XUV Warn 350F Wireless Fog Lights Warn XT40 winch Prosum Equipment: Roof, windshield, back window

Thanks
    Check and make sure the alternator is charging correctly, You can also install a battery disconnect switch.

Thanks
    For now just disconnect the battery when you leave. You will have to reset the clock that is if you use it.

Jim O.
    USMC Ret.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greg825i View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I have another reason to run electricity to the cabin. Been using a generator when I need power. Which Odyssey Extreme battery did you get?
    I used the Odyssey model # 34M-PC1500 battery. This also has the additional terminal posts for extra tie ins.
    Not cheap but, holds a charge and more cranking power. Problem solved with out disconect.

J Grace

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrold View Post
    For now just disconnect the battery when you leave. You will have to reset the clock that is if you use it.

Jim O.
    USMC Ret.
    Or just put a battery switch on the positive terminal that you can switch off/on as required. They run about $15.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
    You definitely need a Battery Tender....there's just enough electric draw for like the clock and whatever else stays powered up when it's sitting to drain the battery after an extended period of time...it'll happen with a new car or truck too...buy a Battery Tender and you will be good to go whenever you want to turn the ignition switch and go....

I have a bunch of Battery Tenders on all my motorcycles and my JD Garden Tractor...your batteries will last a bunch of extra years by keeping them on the Battery Tenders too...that's the added bonus!!!

Larry in MD
    I agree. Same thing happened to me a couple times. Battery tender solves my problem.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast