PDA

View Full Version : Spent too much time in the garage this winter

flyinlow402
01-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Boredom set in on these cold winter nights, so I decided to make my Gator a little more visible at night. I got tired of not having any interior light, so I added a red 3 led unit above to shine down on the dash. Then I decided that since I was running power up there anyway, I would add some clearance lights to the roof. Then I ordered some Green, Amber, and Red LEDs from Joe Florida. Added 2 red strips to the rear frame and 4 amber strips to the front. Then I added a strip of green shining into the footwell area. The inside is lit up enough you can see what you are doing, yet not distracting to drive. I had some green strips left, so I decided to make it glow. I added 2 to the underside of the box, shining onto the engine, put 1 strip on the frame behind the radiator shining onto the front suspension, and finally a strip on each side under the floor. I ran a dedicated switch to run the LEDs independently from the regular lights, and a switch to shut off just the green so that it doesn't look "pimped out" if I don't want it to.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/flyinlow402/IMG_0429.jpg
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/flyinlow402/IMG_0427.jpg
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/flyinlow402/IMG_0428.jpg

Deere John
01-13-2011, 11:27 PM
:cool: Looks good in the twilight!

2005HPX
01-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Pimped out??? :pondrn: Huh? Really? Nawwwww!!!! No, JD that looks great!!! Just wondering where you found the time to do all that.. :strpot: Also seen where you got a trailer? I got a different one to. :evil: The red gooseneck will be for sale soon. :Kaffee:

Did you get your parking lights to work?? I found the old sockets I took outta mine if you want them to modify or find replacements.

Once again, awesome job on the Gator! Time to pimp out the tractor now.

WOEII
01-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Love it! Especially the top running lights. That looks sweet!

Like the idea of some light showing in the foot wells. Very nice gaser man! :Chers: :cool:

Did you put all the switches on the dash? There is a hidden switch u can add at the parking brake area...was thinkin of using that for backup light switch.

flyinlow402
01-14-2011, 10:44 AM
I used a Deere headlight switch in the dash for the LEDs, easy to install and it looks like it belongs there. The secondary switch is a small weatherproof push button switch mounted just above the LED switch. You don't really even notice it is there but it makes it easy to find the right switch by feel in the dark. I'm saving that hidden switch location for something special, just not sure what yet. I decided not to convert the front Deere amber flashing lights to running lights. I like the contrast between totally on and off as opposed to bright and dim for safety reasons. There are times I am on the road between farms at night and need to be visible to traffic. Thanks for the compliments!

JD620I
04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
I was wondering how do you like that soft sided cab? Does it seem pretty durable? Thanks in advance.

Deputy347k9
04-26-2011, 07:03 AM
If you get lost I am sure we will beable to find you, just look for the bright glow! Very nice, neat job.

flyinlow402
04-27-2011, 02:10 PM
The soft cab seems to be very durable, and you can roll up the doors and velcro them out of the way when you don't need them. I think the hard cab would be a better choice, but they cost way too much. It blocks a lot of the wind and rain, but if you are looking for a nice cozy ride in the winter, it leaks too much air. I have used foam between the OPS and the roof to block as much airflow as I can, but you can still feel a breeze when you are moving.

825joe
04-27-2011, 03:04 PM
That looks awsome! I really like the green led's. Is it protected pretty well from the elements and trail riding.

bigfoot390
10-05-2011, 09:13 PM
:BG:All you now is some LOUD tunes and a air ride suspension to bounce it up and down and your good to go to LA:BG: