PDA

View Full Version : Hello from an AMT 600 owner!

johnnylabguy
03-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Hello from Ohio. I recently found an old john deere AMT 600(5 wheel gator precursor) on craigslist and bought it. It needs some TLC but I already love this thing! The powered hydraulic dump bed fits perfectly between my basement bilco doors firewood chute which is my favorite part.
There's not a lot of info on these out there so I hope to gain some and add some info on my way to restoring this old beast!

Here's a pic of its ride home. Found out AFTER driving 2 hours to pick it up that they put an axle widening package on this model! Hence the hillbilly hauler look!
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww253/johnnylabguy/Mobile%20Uploads/0306111626.jpg

gatorxuv620i
03-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Wow nice find, looks pretty good for its age. (Hence the Hillbilly style hauling) lol love it!!! Check out in the AMT Forums on what this guy did to his AMT, Fully restored it and it looks SWEET!!!

WOEII
03-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Whoo Hoo and Welcome! We been waitin for ya! :BG: :Chers:

Good lookin AMT man. She is a beast and the first of the Gator legend! :Thmup:

Kerry G
03-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Wow nice find, looks pretty good for its age. (Hence the Hillbilly style hauling) lol love it!!! Check out in the AMT Forums on what this guy did to his AMT, Fully restored it and it looks SWEET!!!

:IAgre: That's an awesome find!