PDA

View Full Version : Battery Size? What battery did they put in your 825?

Zephyr74
03-25-2011, 01:00 AM
On John Deere's website under Specifications and in my Operator's Manual on page 77, it says for a 2011 825i the battery size is a 340 Cold Cranking Amp battery. But, after checking my battery, I have a 480 cold cranking amp battery. This is great! I'm not complaining, just wondering if they have a typo? I see that the 2010 620 had a 340 CCA battery and the 855D uses a 480 CCA battery.

Is the battery really supposed to be a 340 CCA battery and they put in a 480 CCA battery??

Also, the alternator specs say it is a 75 amp alternator, is this still the case? Or did they change that too? How can I check to see which alternator I have?

Thanks!

Deputy347k9
03-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Ryan: I sent you an email but I will also make a reply to your post for other members. I just checked my machine all over as I just got it home today. I also have the 480 CC battery. I beleive in the spec sheet there was a misprint. To other members, Ryan brought one thing to my attention that I can not answer maybe someone can help us here.

Checking the radiator I find that there is no movement forwar and back, however, sideways you can pick the radiator up as it's very loose up and down at each side? Wondering if I should apply a rubber pad between the radiator and upper brace just as a caution.

Sometime ago I did find a misprint in the original operator's manual. Seems in the earlier manual they called for 1.3 quarts of oil for the engine. Local John Deeler when asked looked it up and said 1.3 quarts. I pointed out that when an earlier 825i was due the initial 8 mile oil change that 1.3 quarts of oil was put into the engine, thank God checked before starting, where we had to add 1 more quart for a total of 2.3 quarts. Looked at my new manual that I received today and it says 2.3 quarts.

At the Dealership today I saw an 855D manual that was showing 1.3 quarts?

Regarding the battery and alternator, I think on the 825I there are several options that require quite a bit of juice, for this John Deere upgraded the eletrical system adding the larger battery and 75 amp alternator. Checking the part number for the alternator it does check out to a 75 amp.

Larry

dieselsmith
03-30-2011, 02:26 AM
How did you get an updated manual? Mine says 1.37 quarts too.

Zephyr74
04-01-2011, 11:02 PM
If anybody knows how to go about getting an updated manual, let us know! I got my Gator 1/29/11 and it still had the wrong oil capacity of 1.37 qt in it. Any other errors besides the battery and oil capacity? Thanks

Deputy347k9
04-02-2011, 07:24 AM
Best bet is see your local John Deere Dealership and show them the error and demand an update "Operator's Manual". Looking at the very first page of my manual it states Gator TM Utility Vehicle XUV 825i OMM164504 A1 Operator's Manual, I have not found any publishing date. Page 77, uner fluid capacities at bottom of page, it shows "Crankcase (with filter) 2.3 quarts. I also have the downloaded copy of the Technical Manual TM107119. I check the technical manual for everything. As I stated earlier, my local dealership did not know of the error until I pointed it out to them. They then made a copy of the page from the technical manual and placed a copy in the "operator's maual" of a machine in stock. That is fine but I wonder if there were any other changes or errors. It it worth the money to have the "Technical Manual.

Larry

Deputy347k9
04-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Forgot to mention the battery in my last post! Looking at the Technical Manual regarding eletrical system, battery, I found the following;
Battery: Type BC1 Group U1
Voltage 12V
Reserve Capacity @25A 44 minutes
Cold Cranking Amps @ 0 degrees 480

Again, this was from the Technical Manual, of course the Operator's Manual should be a mirror reflections of the technical manual, you think!