PDA

View Full Version : Steel Wheels/Tires Wanted

Deputy347k9
04-03-2011, 10:08 AM
In the future if any of you 825I owner's decide to upgrade to alloy wheels you may decide to sell you steel wheels and tires, I would be very much interested in a spare set of tires/wheels.

Larry

gatorxuv620i
04-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Hey Larry, Ive got a complete set of steel rims off of out 620i with center caps, nuts and all. They are a tad bit different looking than the new steel rims but I upgraded to a set of aluminum rims and don't need these anymore. Let me know if this sounds interesting.

Deputy347k9
04-09-2011, 07:51 AM
I am unfamiliar with the size, wheels and lug pattern between the 620i and the 825i. Quesitons; What is the size difference between the two machines? Is the lug pattern the same? My many thanks.

Larry

gatorxuv620i
04-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi Larry, The actual rims are the same size as what yours are. The bolt pattern appears to be the same as well but please check one thing for me on yours. Measure the distance from one lug nut to the furthest lug nut away from the other (center to center of the lugs). Myne is 4&3/4" between from center to center. That will tell us if the bolt pattern is truly the same. Thanks

GATORDONE
04-09-2011, 03:30 PM
The bolt pattern is the same but the offset is different, You have to see if the rim will clear the brake caliper.

gatorxuv620i
04-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Thank you GATORDONE: Larry I'm going to the JD dealer Tuesday a bout's and ill take my steel rim up there and since my friend owns the dealer he should let me see if it'll all work out.

Deputy347k9
04-09-2011, 08:07 PM
In a earlier post by Steve_in_semich where he states the lug pattern for the 825I is 5X4.5? I can see where the back space would be of major consideration. I anxiously awiat you answer. If they fit could you please email me some pictures of them at lfcote@roadrunner.com

Very respectfully,
Larry
Deputy347k9

gatorxuv620i
04-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Sure thing, ill get some pics sent to you and I'm curious myself to see if they will work.

gatorxuv620i
04-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey, I went to the JD dealer today and measured the offset, bolt pattern, hub size and all. By putting the older (620i) steel rims on your gator they will give your suspension both front and back an extra 1" of room!!!! IDK why JD made the newer ones bigger but they did for some reason. Anyway long story short they will fit your gator perfectly!!! Ill get some pics of them tomorrow. They have no scratches on them and come complete with hub caps, lug nuts, and the wheels.

gatorxuv620i
04-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey Larry, sorry its taken so long to post pictures, I've been having some computer problems and finally ended up wiping my computer and completely putting a new system on it. All good and working now though!!! Anyway, Here's some pics of them. The only defects are on the inside of one of the front rims and one of the back rims. It looks like something rubbed the paint off and just basically made a ring inside that's smaller than half of a penny. Other than that on the outside where you mainly see is spotless. I ran slime in all 4 and that's what the black stuff is on the inside of the rims. It comes off very easily but don't see any since in it. Let me know what ya think.:Thmup:

Deputy347k9
04-14-2011, 07:33 AM
A very nice set of wheels, my only concern is that they are 1" smaller. I want to use these as spare tires just in case I loose a tire while riding. Do you know if I can mount tires that are the same height? I would not want to run a different size wheel or tire as I believe it would cause damage to the drive line. Could other members chime in and give me your two cents?

Larry

gatorxuv620i
04-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey Larry just thought I would bring to attention that your aluminum rims are size 14". All steel wheels (old and new style) are 12". You can put the Terra Hawk AT (All Terrain) tires on the steel rims, or the Ancla M-T (Extreme Terrain) but not the Maxxis BigHorn 2.0 Radials because those are for the 14" rims.
Also that the steel rims (old and new) are the same size in height and width. Its just that one is closer to the suspension than the other. In this case my rim would give your suspension an extra inch of room. I don't know why JD did that, even my friend that owns the JD dealer here wandered why they did that. Anyway thought this might help ya out.

Deputy347k9
04-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Thank you for bringing that to my attention, must have my head up the tail! Going to send you a PM.

Larry

kinzepower
05-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I would like to trade for a set of aluminum rims and tires.
I have a 27" set of rubber on steel wheels.
Have you made a deal?

I am pretty sure you also have 27" rubber so these would be ideal spares even though your rims are 14" and mine are 12". I put oversize tires on to get more clearance and speed.

gatorxuv620i
05-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Hi, I still have my old set of steel rims but dont want to part with my new aluminum either lol. I got my aluminum rims off of Ebay through a JD dealer out of Illinois called TheGreenDealer on Ebay. $189 :hsu: shipped to my door step. Without tires of course but I just used my tires off of my steel rims and they fit like a glove.:cool: It made it a whole new machine looks wise!! Hope This helped and good luck!! :Thmup:

RickHawrylak
08-28-2019, 06:24 PM
I need one steel wheel for a 620I

bradhill
09-08-2019, 01:14 PM
I need one steel wheel for a 620I

You might want to start a new thread, this thread is rather dated.

Also check with Power Sports Nation in Norfolk Nebraska they are a large used part warehouse for UTV’s.

I believe they have numerous parts for a 620i listed on their website.