PDA

View Full Version : Best source and mount for a radio

roughinmill
04-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Does anyone have a radio installed on an 825i? I don't want a full cab, maybe a top (to cover my bald head) and a half or full windshield. I've seen the ipod or mp3 players for the roof but I just want a plain radio. I will use it to feed cows and mend fences and I like to listen to talk radio :cuss: while working. I did not see a radio on the Build your own, so aftermarket is my guess but I would like it to look factory if it is mounted in or around the dash. :Wlys:

GATORDONE
04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
I installed the jenson radio kit with speakers and antanna that Deere sells for around $380.00 It is small and compact, and can be mounted below dash or on the ops bar above your head in which you will have to run hot wire too. Radio is am-fm with weatherband.

roughinmill
04-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks I'll check with the dealer that sounds like what I want small and compact, is it weather proof? I don't ride in the rain but have been caught 8 to 10 minutes from the house when a shower hits.

purplewg
04-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I ordered a JENSEN Water Resistant Gimbal Mount Housing that I plan to mount as an overhead console and water proof speakers. The housing is on sale now for $33 direct from Jensenmarinedirect. I plan to mount this housing in a overhead console I will build and this housing should really keep it pretty much weather proof. I also purchased a marine grade radio. You can find them from $50 up depending on what features you want in it.

WOEII
04-12-2011, 01:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjf6gVZdwNk
http://i52.tinypic.com/2cn70gz.gif

purplewg
04-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Nice rig WOEII but I think I will make my own. I saw another overhead console for $399 without a radio. WHAT??

GATORDONE
04-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Yes the jenson radio is waterproof and the speakers are marine grade. I have had this radio in two of my gators with no problems.

WOEII
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Nice rig WOEII but I think I will make my own. I saw another overhead console for $399 without a radio. WHAT??
It was a super E-Bay snaggs. :BG:

GATORDONE
04-12-2011, 04:21 PM
thanks i'll check with the dealer that sounds like what i want small and compact, is it weather proof? I don't ride in the rain but have been caught 8 to 10 minutes from the house when a shower hits.

radio number is jenson jhd910. It is in ebay also