PDA

View Full Version : Bed liner

Deputy347k9
04-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Even though I have the upgraded bed in the 825I I still wanted so extra protection, like the factory bed mat. Well John Deere wants just over $100.00 for a rubber mat that is no thicker then the factory floor mats, no way. Went to local farm store where I trade and they had tons of 3/4" horse stall mats. Found one that had a small tear in the corner and got if for just under $25.00 with tax included. At home I used the skill saw with a plywood blade, cut her to size and wa la, she fits like a glove and has better protection at a lower cost.

gatorxuv620i
04-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Very nice Deputy!!!

jonny2guns4u
04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Even though I have the upgraded bed in the 825I I still wanted so extra protection, like the factory bed mat. Well John Deere wants just over $100.00 for a rubber mat that is no thicker then the factory floor mats, no way. Went to local farm store where I trade and they had tons of 3/4" horse stall mats. Found one that had a small tear in the corner and got if for just under $25.00 with tax included. At home I used the skill saw with a plywood blade, cut her to size and wa la, she fits like a glove and has better protection at a lower cost.

Life could be worse. I got a Bed Mat with my Gator along with one of my Upgrades. Then I noticed the other day it was missing. Must have flown out during the ride back to the Dealer for a front noise check. I can't believe I didn't think to take it out. That's a $100 mistake!

Jonny2guns4u

Deputy347k9
04-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Sorry to hear you lost the mat. Using a horse stall mat you can be assured it will not ever blow out, just about takes two men to lift the darn thing, very heavy. The stall mats do have metal wiring inside them, noticed that when I was cutting. Using a plywood blade you get a really smooth edge and no sharp metal edges. Smokes like hell when cutting.