PDA

View Full Version : Who manufactures the Terra Hawk AT 25" tire offered on the 825i

trainman
04-22-2011, 06:15 AM
I'm in the process of ordering a 825i and was thinking of ordering it with the Terra Hawk AT tires, but have not been able to find out the manufacture of the tire where I could read more about them. Since I will be using the Gator for off-road and some pavement running would this be the best tire for both surfaces, or should I buy the mags with the Big Horns? I'm not looking to go mudding, or rock climbing, just off road and some not too deep creek crossings with rocky bottoms. Which of the three tires would you recommend for general all around riding.

John

CCGATOR
04-28-2011, 05:42 PM
I believe they are made by CST. This .pdf file may help.

http://www.mta-la.com/Portals/0/ancla-abuzz.pdf

trainman
04-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the info, I didn't see the tire pattern that is on the Gator 825i from the factory there. The only reason I wanted to know about these tires is because I will be using the Gator for both hard surface and off roading. Just wondered if anyone else had these tires and what they thought of them.

John

CCGATOR
04-29-2011, 02:45 AM
I will let you know when my 825i is delivered. I ordered the same tires for the same reason. I will find out far far I can push these tires and my plan is not to buy a second set of tires unless I absolutely have to. This is a quote from an ATV group that evaluated all 825i tires.

" We also were able to test a model with 26” Bighorn tires, and while the Bighorn’s hooked up great the weight of the tires seemed to slow the machine down a bit. We also got to check out a unit with 25” Terra Hawk AT’s and we really liked the way those tires performed. They were light weight and provided excellent traction, so if you don't plan on taking the Gator into extreme conditions off-road conditions, the Terra Hawk AT tires would be our suggestion, but if you plan on riding over rocky or rugged terrain, it would be well worth the upgrade to the Big Horn 2.0 tires mounted on Aluminum wheels, but you will sacrifice some performance from the added weight of the wheels and tires"

Charlie

GATORDONE
04-29-2011, 09:36 AM
I have driven on both sets of tires and the bighorns ride is so much smoother than the terre hawk, Exspecially at higher speeds. That made my decision to go with the bighorns, But if you plan on driving it on grass and hard surface alot the terra hawks will be the way to go.

CaptDan
04-29-2011, 10:24 AM
I am not an engineer, actually far from it, but unless they change the gear ratio in the axles, then a larger tire will not have as much power or torque on the ground as a smaller tire. This would account for the unit feeling a little slow from the start, if you are pulling heavy loads or up steep terrain a lot, the smaller tire is the way to go to increase torque to the rear wheels. At least that is the way I understand how all this stuff works.

Jay
10-17-2011, 09:34 PM
John, I just joined the forum and saw your post. I have an 825i with 33 hours equipted with Ancla Extreme Terrain tires, too extreme for our lawn and would sure trade for some standard Terra Hawks--

CCGATOR
10-18-2011, 12:55 AM
I have been using the Terra Hawk AT tires for a few months now. I pull a loaded trailer up a steep incline with no traction problem. Initially thought I would need a more aggressive tire for some applications but the Terra Hawks work fine for me and no damage to my lawn.

trainman
10-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Jay, nice to have you on the forum, we live pretty close to each other as I am in NW Ft. Worth.

John