PDA

View Full Version : Xuv 825 i inventory and delivery status

dlray
04-22-2011, 03:19 PM
I can't seem to get the straight scoop on availability and delivery of the 825 i. I signed the order early last week and was told that they didn't have it in stock--olive/black with sport seats--(other options to be dealer installed)--however they would check with local dealers to see if they had one and if not it would take two weeks for delivery from the factory. Over a week later the dealer tells me they can't find one local and had yet to place the factory order. I asked them to please place it today and he still estimates two weeks, but won't know for sure until the order is placed. . Begs the questions-why so long to determine none local, and why hadn't he placed the order before calling me? Anyone else getting what appears to be a runaround. Are there inventory shortages or other unreported problems with John Deere manufacturing of this model? Would appreciate your input. Have purchased other John Deere equipment with no problems. Its frustrating.:TT:

Thanks

825joe
04-22-2011, 03:39 PM
I was fortunate they had mine in stock. Of course since then the popularity has exploded with the 825i to the point that no one has them in stock around me. My dealer sold 8 in one week and sold the 4 that they have on order already. Supply and demand my friend.

CaptDan
04-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Not sure where you are in PA, the Deere Country group of dealers in Allentown PA had 14 in stock, last friday. Only problem only one camo and it had all kinds of stuff I didn't want/need and they were strictly MSRP for everything. Plus they wanted a deliver charge & all that stuff. They did say that they were getting their ordered Gators delivered within two weeks of delivery, even though the computer would only promise deliver in 8 weeks.

I found a small dealer near lenhartsville that did discount the gator by about 10% and took 30% off the options I ordered, plus free delivery to a site about 15 miles from the dealership. So far so good.

As I said in a different post I ordered mine on April 16th with a promised delivery date of May 26th.

I am hopeful mine will come in eleven days also.

Deputy347k9
04-22-2011, 09:20 PM
In my local area (Limington, Maine) I have two John Deere Dealerships. The one I have used for years is one family owner for the last fifty years. In this store you have grandfather, son and grandson running the show. The customer service is great, deliveries on all new equipment is free. I have an emergency number in case of break downs during haying, snow removal and so on. Once on a holiday they came to my farm and picked up a new John Deere tractor that broke down. Two days later it was returned, does not get better then that.

I guess John Deere dealerships are like auto dealerships, sometimes the small family owned business is where one gets the hands on treatment. If one was to treat me other then what I expect, considering how much I am spending, I would drive an extra hundred miles until I got what I wanted.

number3shot
04-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Ordered mine March 5. Took right at five weeks to pick up.

purplewg
04-23-2011, 07:06 AM
When I ordered mine a month ago they tried to find one from another dealer. All were loaded to the hilt. He found one in Ga (Demo) that had 16 hours on it and they wanted full price. I told him no, order me a new one. He did and said it would be four weeks. Two weeks later he called and said it had come in.

gumboduck
04-23-2011, 03:11 PM
I ordered mine in late November and got it within 2 weeks. Right now they are taking about 3 weeks from the factory to get to the dealership. It sounds like to me that your dealer was assing around to me.

trainman
04-25-2011, 11:48 AM
I sure do like the idea of the $800 price reduction, I would even like it if it gave us $800 worth of add ons, or accessories for the Gator. I will be ordering mine in May so I hope this would apply to orders, but if not the dealer just received one that I would take if I had to buy one in stock. I will be looking at the John Deere website on May first and see if these special offers appear, sure hope they do.

John