PDA

View Full Version : Ordering and getting your $800 discount

trainman
05-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Talked with my local JD dealer yesterday and ordering a new 825i for May delivery would be close if you could make the May 30th deadline to get the $800 savings. He did a order online with JD and they said the week of the 26th of May delivery, or possibly sooner, still is too close to chance it. He just got two new ones in stock last week, one G/Y and one Camo, only options were, mags with Bighorns, and the Bed Protection Package, which keeps the price down. I am going today to check them out, probably should just buy one in stock. Anyone else talked with their dealer about an ordered one and will JD guarantee the $800 rebate if delivery is after May 30th.

John

purplewg
05-03-2011, 11:25 AM
My dealer had a coupon back when I bought mine and since I had to order it, it was going to come in after the coupon expired. He had the JD regional rep call and get the coupon ok'd to be extended in the event my Gator did not get here by the end of April. JD approved the extension. I'm sure your dealer could do the same thing.

CaptDan
05-03-2011, 11:37 AM
I ordered mine two weeks ago, and was give the week of May 26th as a delivery date also. Delivery is to PA outside Allentown.

A dealer in Lancaster PA told me that he had ordered a camo 825i on a Monday and it was delivered the following Thursday (11 days later) even though the JD computer did the same thing and projected delivery seven weeks later.

Good luck and let us know how you make out !

trainman
05-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Well I just did it today, I went to the dealer and bought the yellow and green one, decided not to order one as this one had pretty much what I wanted on it, which was pretty much nothing, BigHorns and Mags and the Bed Protection option was all it had. I can now order what accessories I want through the dealer with a discount, so this will let me decide on what I want as time goes by. I did get Floor Mats and those clamps that hook on the bed rails to carry my fishing poles to the lake, what else would I need.

GATORDONE
05-04-2011, 10:41 AM
What will you be using it for?

trainman
05-04-2011, 12:50 PM
I just bought it to have around the place to have fun with, take the grand kids riding, and where we live our neighbors use them as a way to go visit each other. I still ride dirt bikes, or as they are call, Duel Sports with guys my age (66) and older. We do Colorado, N. Mexico, Arkansas, and of Texas, pretty much all back roads and unpaved. I guess my next option should be a beer cooler since beer and motorcycles don't do well together.

John

GATORDONE
05-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Sounds like you could use the ops roof, front winshield, Turn signal kit with front lights, Possible radio and of course the beer cooler.

CCGATOR
05-04-2011, 05:09 PM
I ordered my 825i on Apr 19, and was also given a date of May 26th. Do I see a trend in these posts. G/Y & Camo per trainman post became available quickly and Camo per CapDan post was delivered quickly. I ordered the Olive & Black. Looks like that's the lowest priority. I hope not.

Regarding the $800 discount. I was told that if a signed contract is delivered to JD, the $800 discount is locked in.

CaptDan
05-04-2011, 06:55 PM
@ CCGator, I ordered mine on Saturday, April 16,2011 and was given a date of no later than May 26th. The dealer did say that he had ordered one two weeks earlier and received it in 11 days. I'm still waiting and I'll post when I receive it.

skimiljes
05-05-2011, 04:02 PM
I ordered mine the 1st week in April and relieved it at the end of April. I got mine for 10,400.00 delivered. So the way I see it I negotiated 800 off, do you think it is worth calling my dealer and see if they will do anything else, or do you think it will be a waste of time.

CCGATOR
05-05-2011, 05:56 PM
skimiljes. I say absolutely, not only ask for the discount but demand it. It doesn't matter what discount you got. Your dealer knew about the $800 discount around Apr 20. So he let you pick up your gator when he knew that by waiting another day, or so, you would be eligible for the May discount. The discount is not from the dealer, it's from JD. In the future I would deal with different dealer.

msutherlund
05-05-2011, 07:48 PM
I ordered mine today. It will be in on the 19th. Not too bad. They gave me 10% off the gator and a zero turn mower plus $800 discount for ordering in may. I also got $500 off for customer loyalty ( buying two products in the same year). I had them throw in a stihl farm boss chain saw too. Good day for me! Now I have two long weeks to wait.

CaptDan
05-05-2011, 08:10 PM
@ msutherlund, just curious, what part of the country ? That's pretty good a 14 days delivery period. I'll remember the $500 customer loyalty discount as I might be in the market for a lawn tractor later in the year.

Welcome aboard !

msutherlund
05-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks. I'm from mid Michigan. I was surprised too. I was expecting something closer to the end of the month.

CaptDan
05-05-2011, 08:29 PM
@ akimiljes I agree with CCGATOR, at least give it a try. The dealers knew of the $800.00 discount from JD at least by April 20th as I received a phone call from a dealer that I had looked at Gator's at but didn't order from them on April 20th telling me about the discount. If nothing else get a commitment from them for something, free service, extended warranty. They knew and could have told you.

The dealer I did order from did not call me to tell me about it, but when I stopped in last week and asked they immediately offered me the discount saying that they were just waiting until my Gator arrived rather than be calling me. In my dealer's defense, it is a smaller busy family owned/run type dealership and they don't have a large office staff. They assured me that they would have offered it to me when my Gator comes in.

skimiljes
05-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Well I talked to my dealer this morning and he said I was SOL, I told him I really didnt even want the cash i would rather have accessories credit and he flat out said no. He is willing to give me 10% off accessories but that is peanuts in my mind. So I just emailed JD direct and I will see what they have to say, but at this point I am not even sure I will get a response. I hope to, but not counting on it.

CCGATOR
05-06-2011, 01:20 PM
I don't know what the laws are in your state. But in some states, you have X number of days to return a product if you are not happy with it, or change your mind on a contract. I know you love your gator and would not want to go through the hassle. But if you check it out with the states attorney general's office, and find out you have that right, this gives you an option. Although you have no intention of returning it, if you indicate that you will, he may opt for the discount as an alternative. That is really a long shot so I hope JD get's back to you. Good luck.

Charlie

roughinmill
05-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Ordered mine today, looked for one from another dealer in the area no luck. Dealer said about 2 weeks, then a day or so to put on the options and accessories. Gave me the $800 discount, 20% off all options and accessories, now and later plus $300 off for paying in cash. I feel I came away with a great deal after reading where some have to pay list price for everything. :BG: Now the hard part :TT: I'm not very good at being patient. :Wlys:

CCGATOR
05-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Great deal roughinmill in terms of cost and delivery. Here in the northeast they are estimating 5 weeks. If you think it will be difficult waiting 2 weeks, imagine what I'm going through.

CaptDan
05-07-2011, 12:13 AM
me too, one dealer gets them delivered in 11 days, the dealer I ordered mine from is only 30 miles away but says it will be 6 - 8 weeks. I'm in my third week of waiting and I have the patience of a fire cracker, I hate waiting.

My dealer did discount mine and gave me 30% off the accessories I ordered with it, and will honor the $800.00 discount from JD which equals $848.00 discount with the reduced tax.

Now it just has to show up !

roughinmill
05-07-2011, 12:16 AM
I've been wanting an upgrade from my '92 250 yahama timberwolf for several years (it just wont die!)and have been looking at side by sides for at least 6 months now, I have made at least 20 different build your own models, just something about knowing its mine and on its way changes the game. :TT: :Wlys: :Thmup: