PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Wisconsin

Gator825igirl
05-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Hi there everyone. My husband found this forum a couple days ago and thought I might like to join. We just purchased a 2011 825i on Friday. Been thinking about getting one for awhile, finally went and did it. So far, we love it! My brother bought a Gator a few years ago and it has been great for him. We live in NW Wisconsin on 40 acres. We have some beef cattle along with my dad on an adjoining property. My parents farm about 1500 acres and I help with that. I work full time as a Paramedic both on an ambulance and in a hospital Emergency Dept. I have been working in Emergency Medical Services for the past 11 years. I only work 3 12 hour shifts a week so that leaves plenty of time for my other passions in life-hunting, fishing, and spending time with my 3 German Shorthair dogs. I think the Gator is more for them than it is us. They loved riding in the box this past weekend as we cruised around our property! We are excited to use our Gator for deer hunting. We both love to bowhunt and rifle hunt so it will get used alot for those activities. We also have 2 Arctic Cat ATVs, but I am guessing the Gator will get used way more than they will. We got the 825 with the yellow/silver alloy wheels, Bighorn Maxxis 2.0 tires, power dump box with liner, tail light protectors, bed mat, front and rear brush guards, fender guards all the way around, rear OPS screen, floor mats, and the yellow bench seat. Reason for the bench seat is we are expecting our first child in September, and with the bench seat we can take the little person with us for short rides. Excited to be a mom! I'm sure we'll have lots of Gator questions so this website will be a big help.

Deputy347k9
05-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the forum Gator825igirl. Congratulations on the new machine but more so for the first child. Really sounds like that machine will get it's work out, of course men can justify the purchase of any toy! Looks like your machine is pretty much loaded though I think I would at least order one of the front widnshields, a little pricey but having a farm too we venture quite some distance at times. Being caught in rain is a real bummer! The windshield really cuts down on the wind for the little one also. Does not take long for the cows to realize when they see the gator it might be food, soon enough they start chasing you around. No more roundup as they will follow if they think there is some grain in the back.

WOEII
05-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the forum Gator825igirl and congrats on the new toy! :Chers:
We have a bunch of members that have dogs as Gator copilots! :lol: :cool:

purplewg
05-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Welcome Gator825igirl. You had me going with all the hunting and cattle talk. Then ya had to go an ruin it with the husband comment.:Jestr: