PDA

View Full Version : Lids

ffgoo
06-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Well decision made? Took the wifeyto the local deerre den and test drove the 855 and 825 and she likes the quietness of the gas especially at idle. I'm not quite sure if Cherry vs proven Yanmar. Either way Deere over the Bota and if I can get dealer to give good price than game on! My question is any body have pic or links for metal lids for ops vs plastic Deere option? And haven't been able to see plastic one is it thick and sturdy, any threat of limbs breaking! Tough when can't put hands on stuff. Also any talks of another rebate or worth waiting till 2012's? :Wlys:

CaptDan
06-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I can recommend Diamond Back, I have not bought the top from them yet, however I have bought other stuff from them.

http://www.diamondbackutv.com/

purplewg
06-07-2011, 06:57 AM
I can recommend Diamond Back, I have not bought the top from them yet, however I have bought other stuff from them.

http://www.diamondbackutv.com/

I have the Diamondback lid with the Linex covering. Love it.

ffgoo
06-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks guys, Ill let you know when I pullthe trigger and of course pics when she's in. Goo

GatorMover
07-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Had a customer put one of these Diamond Backs on his new beast. Seems well enough built, don't know what the cost is. We just installed the new glass windshield (for ROPS) and that took a little effort. It's not quite the integration as with the poly top but it worked. I don't care for the uneven roof edge as the top of the glass windshield frame steps forward in the middle. but like I said, it went together. I would space it out if it were mine and I think my customer did this with rubber spacer blocks to retain the straight leading edge of the top.

GatorMover
07-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Funny story on the poly top- I sold a Special edition Silver model couple years ago to a guy, he wanted the poly top and flipped out on me when I told him the price- i said call 1-800 Deere and tell them! he was all bent out of shape. comes back cpl days later and says "I'm not paying that for a piece of plastic" and I said "great! I wont order it in for ya!" he said, "I'll show you what I can do" and I said I said "can't wait to see your invention!" He brings it by a week later on his trailer just proud as a peacock--- any guess what he did? to his Special Edition with 5 grand worth of accessories? Well- it was a marvalous creation of cardboard zip ties and spray paint. I told him it looked fantastic! He was so proud! ...... Boy, he sure showed me! :) btw- I was going to sell him the top at cost plus shipping but that was still tooooo much, so at that point I was along for the ride.