PDA

View Full Version : Warn Winch

Zephyr74
06-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Does anybody have a Warn RT40 or XT40 on their 825i? I know the Rt30 fits, I want to see if the 40 will fit?
Thanks!

825joe
06-11-2011, 08:03 AM
it will fit. I have a 4500lb superwinch.

Zephyr74
06-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks Joe! Where did you get the mounting plate? The bolt pattern is different than the one JD sells for the Warn RT30? I noticed the Superwinch 4500 uses the larger bolt pattern as well!

greg825i
06-16-2011, 01:06 PM
I also have a 2011 gator 825i and want to put the Warn XT40 in but so far everyone says can't do. How did you do it?

825joe
06-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Nothing is impossible. lol What I did was this, Take the stock mounting plate that came with the winch. Center it. I trimmed a bit of the plastic bumper so it fit nice and flush with the back of the bumper. Now mark your holes and drill. To access the bolts to tighten. From underneath drill a larger hole to fit the socket and extention into. Paint holes for rust prevention. It is an extremely solid mount and I have tested its strength by winching the gator vertical supporting its weight by the winch. No movement at all. Any questions let me know.

edit: also. It is a lot easier if you have a right angle drill and remove the brush guard.

825joe
06-16-2011, 01:32 PM
I can take some pictures if you would like. In the winch thread on here (just search) you can see pictures of my winch set up.

825joe
06-22-2011, 12:29 PM
hope this helps Zephyr74

greg825i
06-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Took delivery of the 825i a week ago monday along with a zero turn pro track 920A with a 60" deck for mowing duties on our land. Due to all the rain we have been having here have had to pull the zero track out of the mud three times by hooking up a tow chain between the gator and mower. So definitely need a winch. I liked the XT40 Warn unit and went back and forth with the dealer, Warn, various on line places and finally decided to go the receiver mount route with quick disconnects for front and rear cables. Put the order in today and should be here in a few days. Can't wait to get it set up.

825Joe thought about drilling like you did but everyone I spoke to said no guarantees that the XT40 would fit. Will post pictures when its done.

Thanks Joe and everyone.

Zephyr74
06-23-2011, 09:41 PM
hope this helps Zephyr74

Joe,
This did help thanks! The measurements of the warn XT 40 and your Superwinch 4500 are almost identical, in fact the warn might be a fraction smaller. So if you said it will fit with minor mods it should fit. I looked at your pictures, thanks. Can you explain exactly what you had to cut out and did you use the mounting plate for the XT30, just drill holes for the larger bolt pattern that the 4500 and the XT40 has? Sorry if you already answered these questions!
Thanks!!

825joe
06-24-2011, 12:27 PM
the only cutting I had to do was the plastic bumper cover. Just for asthetics. I just centered the plate that came with the winch and drilled the holes. From underneath I drilled a larger hole to get a small socket into to tighten the bolts.

Greg, the xt 40 will fit bud.

greg825i
06-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Joe

Thanks, when I get it I will take a look but I also liked the ability to switch it from back to front as needed. I know if I do any climbing with it I will have to make sure its not hanging out in front but the quick connects will make that easy.

FOXRUNCR
04-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm mounting a xt40 warn winch on my 825i want to mount using the 2 inch receiver hitches both front and rear i have the multi mount kit any thoughts as to where to put the conector and remote receiver

bowman
04-09-2012, 09:03 PM
FOXRUNCR

Go to 2011 825i winch install and look at the pictures on page 13 for the conector and remote receiver.

Bowman
Howell,Mi

Regulator
04-09-2012, 11:26 PM
I mounted my connector in the battery box, on the wall closest to the center consel...I mounted my remote reciever on the panel under my passenger seat facing forward, kind up a little closer to the seat bottom than the floor...it works perfectly there....

I love my reciever mount for my XT30 winch...I know they look a little better mounted in the front bumper, but I just couldn't get over the fact that it was a "one way only" pull...I figure if I drove into something and got stuck, I damn sure didn't want to pull myself even deeper into it!!!...hahaha!!!...

Did you buy the extra length cables so that you could mount the plugs on both ends???....I bought my extension kit right from Warn...they worked out real nice...it kept the cables all the same color so my dumb ass wouldn't get confused while wiring it up...and speaking of wiring it up...it was an all day job for me and my trucking company mechanic...we started it one day and didn't finish it until the next day...it takes a bunch of time running all those cables correctly and getting it all wired up nicely...I'm really happy with the result though...

There's pics of where I mounted my stuff in one of my "Mods" threads in the Showroom section if you wanted to seen where I mounted my stuff...

Good luck with yours....

Larry in MD :Jestr: