PDA

View Full Version : Fog lights

mossyoak
06-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Has anyone found a set of fog lamps that fit great with the 825i? I figure the opening was standard and maybe someone could find a round set at Walmart/Parts store/Cabelas etc... thanks

purplewg
06-20-2011, 02:12 PM
I mounted a set of 100W Rugged Ridge long range lights up near the top of the roll bars just under my roof and then I mounted a set of WARN 82410 W350F Fog Beams in the brush guard. These are 3 1/2 inch 55W fog lamps. The WARNS fit the brush guard really well. I had to buy some roll bar clamps to mount the 100W units up high. I have also found in most cases you will find a better selection and often times better price on Amazon although I did buy the Rugged Ridge lights somewhere else after doing a Google search on the part number.

Check these threads out.
http://johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?10658-Mid-Range-Light-Kits&highlight=lights

http://johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?10720-Best-Driving-Light-for-the-Buck&highlight=lights

mossyoak
06-20-2011, 04:14 PM
I think the one's I'm talking about are long range lights. Inside the front of the machine itself. Not on the brushguard.

purplewg
06-21-2011, 08:30 AM
I don't think the long range lights in the grill will light up like the ones mounted high and 100W. I can light up a field with just the 100W units out to about 150 yards maybe further if I adjust them to shoot further out. I am looking for hogs in the 100 yard range and if they are there I will for sure see them. lol

flu_byu
06-21-2011, 03:09 PM
well i just ordered the wiring harness for the adventure lights,and bought my self HID lights and mounted them on bumper .. lets just say the factory ligths are garbage , cost me 350 ,, but let me tell you ,, that is serious light i got ... i will post some pics later ,,,

CaptDan
06-21-2011, 04:11 PM
I think the one's I'm talking about are long range lights. Inside the front of the machine itself. Not on the brushguard.

I am interested in the same, I would like to mount an aftermarket, inexpensive light in the round spaces at the bottom of the front of the Gator. Anyone know of any lights that will fit in there?

Thanks

Dan

trainman
06-21-2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.jcwhitney.com/optilux-driving-light-sets/p2003717.jcwx?filterid=j9#prodDetailTabPanel I've been thinking about these, there are three different ones here, but their size is a little over 3", check them out.

John

825joe
06-22-2011, 06:09 AM
the ones in the plastic cut outs in the bumper are the Long range light kit from JD. cost $169

purplewg
06-22-2011, 07:00 AM
well i just ordered the wiring harness for the adventure lights,and bought my self HID lights and mounted them on bumper .. lets just say the factory ligths are garbage , cost me 350 ,, but let me tell you ,, that is serious light i got ... i will post some pics later ,,,

Can you supply us with the part number for the harness for future reference? Cost? I think you did the right thing with the HID. When my Halogens burn out I will convert them to HID. For now I love them being mounted up top and reaching out there.

trainman
06-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Guys you are right on with HID lights, mounted high and they would be bright, that is what I would use for that type of lighting. As far as the lights in the 3" holes on the front, I just wanted a light to fill the holes for looks, brightness was not a concern for those lights.

John

mossyoak
06-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Guys you are right on with HID lights, mounted high and they would be bright, that is what I would use for that type of lighting. As far as the lights in the 3" holes on the front, I just wanted a light to fill the holes for looks, brightness was not a concern for those lights.

John

Same here, John. Let me know guys when you can provide some details on these lights and maybe pics. Thanks again...

PS... my new gator is arriving today! :)

flu_byu
06-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Can you supply us with the part number for the harness for future reference? Cost? I think you did the right thing with the HID. When my Halogens burn out I will convert them to HID. For now I love them being mounted up top and reaching out there.

PART NUMBER FOR WIRING HARNESS (AM137558),AND I BOUGHT THE LIGHTS FROM SIDE BY SIDE SPORTShttp://sidebysidesports.com/4hidlicuac.html

825joe
06-22-2011, 12:27 PM
can't wait to see pics mossyoak. Congrats on the new Gator!!!!

trainman
06-23-2011, 12:28 AM
I think I'm going with these lights I found on e-bay, not expensive and should fit the 3" hole on the Gator just fine, will probably order tomorrow.
Check them out and let me know what you think, John http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-IN-HID-PILOT-HALOGEN-ROUND-FOG-DRIVING-LIGHTS-NEW-AS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f9097a8aQQitemZ30053 0891402QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f100

CaptDan
06-23-2011, 12:58 AM
I think I'm going with these lights I found on e-bay, not expensive and should fit the 3" hole on the Gator just fine, will probably order tomorrow.
Check them out and let me know what you think, John http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-IN-HID-PILOT-HALOGEN-ROUND-FOG-DRIVING-LIGHTS-NEW-AS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f9097a8aQQitemZ30053 0891402QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f100

trainman, they look good. I'm going to be a follower on this one, please let us know how they work out.

thanks

dan

purplewg
06-23-2011, 07:01 AM

I saw those also. Thought about buying them to help China out and figured if they did not fit I could always mount them on the back.

mossyoak
06-23-2011, 10:02 AM

Those look great. Are you planning on replacing the chrome switch with one that will fit in the precut dash openings or can you even do that? Is this pretty much plug and play besides finding a spot to mount the on/off switch?

trainman
06-23-2011, 10:41 AM
I will most likely use the JD switch, it's expensive at around $14.00, but I like all my stuff to match and look factory installed. One thing about those lights I mentioned in the previous post, their size if the drawings are correct should fit right in those round opening. That is, the round opening on the Gator are 3"s and the lights measure 3 1/8"s so they should go in from the front and catch the lip of the opening, I will probably modify the mounting bracket, ie., like Stewart-Warner gauges would mount in a dash panel, if you know what I mean, U-bracket type. Now this all depends if the lights are the right size, if not plan B. I'm ordering the lights today, I will let you know how they fit.

John

purplewg
06-23-2011, 12:36 PM
PART NUMBER FOR WIRING HARNESS (AM137558),AND I BOUGHT THE LIGHTS FROM SIDE BY SIDE SPORTShttp://sidebysidesports.com/4hidlicuac.html

Thank you.:Chers:

trainman
06-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Got the lights today (Pilot PL-330W) and they are very nice, I bought two sets, one for the front and one for the rear. Mounted the front ones in the holes on the front, I studied it for about an hour an decided to do it this way, first I turned the mounting bracket around on the light, then looked to see which would be the best way to mount the light without having to make several brackets to get the light centered in the hole. I found by centering the light in the hole with the bracket now turned around that the bracket would fit nicely if mounted to the round front bumper just right over the hole in the opening, I took the bracket off the light and drilled a small hole in the center on the rounded bumper on the bottom, note here, the bracket was pushed up tight against the hole opening, thus all was now centered, plus would be adjustable. Now with the bracket mounted and only one hole with one screw holding the bracket in place I need to do the other screw, I removed the bracket and took it to the work bench, here I found a piece of pipe the size of the front bumper, clamped the bracket to the pipe and hammered it round to fit the pipe curvature, this wasn't as hard as it sounds, the bracket bent fairly easy. Main thing here is to get the curvature correct to fit the rounded bumper so when the bracket is mounted to the bumper there is no stress on the bracket, if there is stress it could cause the bracket to become deformed and not fit the whole correctly. I used self tapping screws, but did drill the holes first as there is not much room to work up under there, don't drill the holes too big or you will be in trouble. I used large self tapping screws as you don't want to twist them off in the bumper, hex head 3/8th socket screw, don't use a phillips head you will never get them in, the fun part was drilling the upper rear hole, you will need a short drill as the shock in in the way, but I had a small electric one that worked. Don't forget to drill the holes in the bracket out larger as they will be too small for the larger self tapping screws, I repainted the bracket as they did get scratches up when bending then, put silicone on the bracket as you attach it so water can't get under it a rust, and I was very surprised how stable and tight the brackets were, they don't move and hold the lights firmly. Good luck, took a little work, but not much money.

John