PDA

View Full Version : WickedBuilt Power Steering-FYI

GatorMover
07-18-2011, 11:49 AM
I don't know if there are any other dealers on here but we've installed only a couple of these PS units.
Currently the failure rate is 100% - The company is covering them on the warranty so I can't complain with that but it's also not like changing a light bulb.

One unit had 20hours on it, the other had less but these were on work XUV's. Used almost daily in the field and off road.
Guess I'm not impressed yet. How bout any of you?

lcarr
07-18-2011, 02:03 PM
We have not installed any on the Gators we have sold, i think i have only priced a PS once and it was a WickedBilt. Thanks for the heads up though. Hopefully we will see a PS option from Deere in the near future!

purplewg
07-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Real men don't need no stinking power steering.:BG::hde:

Deputy347k9
07-19-2011, 08:17 AM
I am quite sure John Deere as looked into power steering for the Gators, why they have not installed power steering is no doubt related to safety issues. Maybe in time they will design a system that will work with the Gator. I do have power steering on my Jonh Deere X740 lawn mower. I would not want to install any aftermarket power steering system on my Gator for if it could be done John Deere would have done it by now.

I really don't think it's a NEED as I find the 825i handles very well as it sets. With all the power the 825i puts out could power steering cause you to over steer much easier, causing a roll over?

trainman
07-19-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm pretty much like others, if John Deere wanted power steering on the Gator they would have put it there. I'm also not a big fan of adding aftermarket items to anything that I buy that wasn't manufactured by the manufacture of the product it being added to, I'm not talking about accessories like, lights, bumpers, electronics (radios/GPS), winches, plows, I'm talking about, turbo chargers, power steering, etc., items that were not intended for the vehicle. These items are usually found to be inferior and never will work properly as if designed and built by the manufacture of the original product.

John