PDA

View Full Version : Half door for the Gator??

Zephyr74
08-03-2011, 11:41 PM
I haven't had a chance to take my 825i out, as I just got a trailer to haul it a few days ago so I am just looking for some input.

Without doors on the Gator, is there a ton of mud that will fly into the cab?

Does anybody have half doors that are made for the Gator? I just ordered a windshield and roof, but the POLY cab with the full doors are so expensive I couldn't buy it.

Thanks!

srb08
08-04-2011, 12:02 AM
I haven't had much of a problem with mud in the cab. I got in some of the greasy mud we have in the river bottoms in Missouri, had mud packed pretty solid under the bed and front fenders but the cab stayed clean. I have front fender guards that help as well.

CCGATOR
08-04-2011, 02:30 AM
The only gator 1/2 doors I am aware of are not metal or fiberglass. But they are available in Camo and other JD colors. They were designed to stop mud.

http://www.gclutv.com/johndeere/90.htm

825joe
08-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Those are the only ones I could find as well. I think eventually j strong or a company like them will make something.

Zephyr74
08-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks! I see there are some holes in the floor boards of the Gator that need sealing as well, where mud might come in. Has anybody sealed these holes?

825joe
08-04-2011, 01:40 PM
How deep ya goin!? lol

purplewg
08-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks! I see there are some holes in the floor boards of the Gator that need sealing as well, where mud might come in. Has anybody sealed these holes?

I covered them with rubber mats after I put Herculiner on the floor boards. I did plug the holes right up front on each side where the floor board meets the fender. It looked like to me those holes were in perfect alignment with the tires to send stuff right through there. lol

missouri gator
08-04-2011, 02:49 PM

If your in that deep the mud in those holes wont be your only problem! When you wash it the water has to have a way out to.

825joe
08-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Right...the holes come in handy for cleaning out the crud.

Deuce
08-05-2011, 05:06 PM
You can get factory floor mats. I have no problem with mud or water coming in, just dust/straw swirling around in foot area. It is quite bad, i did look at these half doors but i'm not sure yet as im waiting to see the 2012 gator in a couple of weeks!