PDA

View Full Version : Rechargeable Spot lights

purplewg
08-09-2011, 08:21 AM
I am tired of rechargeable spot lights that last 10 minutes on full charge, don't work at all, don't have a narrow beam, and numerous other issues. I am ready to bite the bullet, spend the money, and get a good one.

I am going to try to start a poll if I can figure it out. I am going to list what I think might be the better choices from what I have been able to determine on the web. What do you use and if buying a new one, which would be your first choice?

I am looking for a compromise between bright and run time. I am willing to give up some brightness for longer run time.

These are listed in no particular order. I prefer it to cost less than $100 as if I run over it, drop it in water, loose it I haven't lost one of the $400 spot lights.

carlton_fritz
08-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Let me see if I can find a link for you...

carlton_fritz
08-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I have this one. It's very bright. The charge seems to last a while. The previous model lasted about 30 minutes on high. This one is much better. That said, i would look at these, http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-LENSER-T7-TACTICAL-LED-FLASHLIGHT-NO-RESERVE-/150644444733?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item23131bce3d

purplewg
08-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks carlton. I think my next flashlight will have the Cree Leds. I have seen some pics of the beams at night and some are as bright as most spot lights. I could wait any longer so I bought the one below. Ratings seem really good for the price. It is HID which everyone that has one says it is really bright. I also chose this one over the Cyclops becuase the reviews I read said the Cyclops HID was cheaply built. One guy dropped one in the grass from 3 ft and went into pieces and he couldn't get it back together. He sent it back to the manufacturer and didn't hear anything. Finally he called and they said his camera was not repairable. lol Camera? Don't sound like my kind of company.

One more thing I like about this one is you can run while plugged into the DC car charger. Some only run on the battery. I guess I will see.

The run time on HID will longer than Halogen but not as long as a LED. The HID will be brighter than the LED in most cases. Some of the Cree LED's are catching up even with the HID. I saw some HID handhelds for up to close to $1000!:Wlys:

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll300/09G-000F-00005_129543124475646041flheVxYziE.jpg

carlton_fritz
08-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks carlton. I think my next flashlight will have the Cree Leds. I have seen some pics of the beams at night and some are as bright as most spot lights. I could wait any longer so I bought the one below. Ratings seem really good for the price. It is HID which everyone that has one says it is really bright. I also chose this one over the Cyclops becuase the reviews I read said the Cyclops HID was cheaply built. One guy dropped one in the grass from 3 ft and went into pieces and he couldn't get it back together. He sent it back to the manufacturer and didn't hear anything. Finally he called and they said his camera was not repairable. lol Camera? Don't sound like my kind of company.

One more thing I like about this one is you can run while plugged into the DC car charger. Some only run on the battery. I guess I will see.

The run time on HID will longer than Halogen but not as long as a LED. The HID will be brighter than the LED in most cases. Some of the Cree LED's are catching up even with the HID. I saw some HID handhelds for up to close to $1000!:Wlys:

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll300/09G-000F-00005_129543124475646041flheVxYziE.jpg

:Chers:

bowman
12-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Lowe's is selling a Stanley corded 12V Spotlight 1000 lumens w/ 10' Dc power cord for $9.97 + tax. This makes a great spotlight for your Gator. This price is in Michigan check in your area. For $10 this is a great deal.:Wlys:

Bowman
Howell, Mi

DarrylMills
06-21-2013, 01:06 AM
I am tired of rechargeable spot led light (http://www.niceledlights.com) that last 10 minutes on full charge, don't work at all, don't have a narrow beam, and numerous other issues. I am ready to bite the bullet, spend the money, and get a good one.

I am going to try to start a poll if I can figure it out. I am going to list what I think might be the better choices from what I have been able to determine on the web. What do you use and if buying a new one, which would be your first choice?

I am looking for a compromise between bright and run time. I am willing to give up some brightness for longer run time.

These are listed in no particular order. I prefer it to cost less than $100 as if I run over it, drop it in water, loose it I haven't lost one of the $400 spot lights.
Hello friend thread is pretty old but I am searching for good effective spotlight... You seems to be experienced person so can you guide me to right option.. I can invest maximum to $300.. Waiting for reply.. Thanks in advance:)