PDA

View Full Version : Gator HPX with Turbocharger

Gatorhpxturbo
05-19-2010, 02:24 PM
I added a turbo to my HPX diesel with great results. With the fuel turned up a bit and the turbo producing 5-7 psi, I would estimated HP to be in the 35-37 range. It sure makes it a lot more fun to drive. Dare I say it gives it a "sporty feel". I considered producing kits but I have been unable to find the time to do so. Here is a link to youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4nb1HSk6rc

I do have a second turbo sitting on the shelf if anyone is interested.

WOEII
05-24-2010, 08:25 AM
This is a most awesome :BG:

Do you have the 850D in urs? What about the top speed that JD has that electronic governor?

Do you have to wait for her to spool up to take of quick like you did in the video or is it pretty quick to spool up.

How about engine damage? I really want a turbo but am scared to blow up my engine. :OhNoes:

DeereMan
07-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I added a turbo to my HPX diesel with great results. With the fuel turned up a bit and the turbo producing 5-7 psi, I would estimated HP to be in the 35-37 range. It sure makes it a lot more fun to drive. Dare I say it gives it a "sporty feel". I considered producing kits but I have been unable to find the time to do so. Here is a link to youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4nb1HSk6rc

I do have a second turbo sitting on the shelf if anyone is interested.

I might be interested in that spare turbo. I have Deere 332 garden tractor which is equipped with the same Yanmar diesel that I want to pull with. I would be very interested in more info on what was required to install that turbo.

Gatorhpxturbo
07-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Not much delay in the spool up. I am not to concerned about engine damage. I have seen these engines last thousands of hours being overworked, overheated, ect. No electronic governor on the diesels. Top speed controlled by the max rpm governor in the injection pump.

DeereMan, I have an identical turbo available for $450. I also recently turbocharged a 2006 John deere 2520 tractor with fantastic results. The owner wanted to power a buffalo turbine blower and the tractor stock could barely run the PTO blower in park let alone moveing. We took the engine fron 26 hp to around 40. With the fuel turned up and the turbo producing 7 psi of boost the EGT's were the same as stock!

Gatorhpxturbo
07-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Here are a few pictures of turbo install on the John Deere 2520.

vipertblck
10-24-2010, 08:11 PM
GatorHPXTurbo; im very interested in your turbocharged gator project. I just bought an 08' hpx and would like to build a kit as well! I work at an engineering company(hypermax) so I feel comfortable doing so. What model/type of turbo did you use for this project? I'd be interested in a wrecked one if you have any avaliable that i could rebuild. Did you modify pump timing or just increase fuel delivery. Where did you pipe in your oil feed and drain? Also how do I increase fuel delivery on these pumps? I'm not too familiar with this newer model yanmar engine; i've only got an older one in a 330 lawn tractor. Any help an input in GREATLY apprecicted. You've got a real nice clean install! What kinda egt's do these engines see while boosted?

mtc2999
08-04-2012, 11:33 PM
would this work on a gas hpx 4x4.

andyb
05-12-2014, 05:10 PM
hi.. i am looking for a turbo kit for my 2010 850 d. i find it too sluggish for the work i am doing and instead of changing it for an 825 i think the turbo will do just fine.. my only concern is, will the transmission be able for the extra power?