PDA

View Full Version : Details on The New Gators

CCGATOR
08-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Taken from the other Gator site:

So no one gets left behind, John Deere introduces the all-new 2012 Mid-Duty XUV 550s, featuring our lowest-priced four-wheel drive and the first-ever four-passenger Gators. The new John Deere Gator XUV 550 and 550 S4 crossover utility vehicles offer the off-road performance customers would expect in an XUV, along with greater comfort, unique versatility, and the ability to transport up to four people across the most challenging landscapes.

These new vehicles provide an unparalleled balance of off-road performance and work capability at a very affordable price. The new John Deere Gator XUV 550 and 550 S4 are a great complement to John Deere?s popular lineup of XUVs and offer the most comfortable way to get your customers, their crew, and all their supplies to those hard-to-reach destinations.

With a best-in-class, fully independent, double-wishbone suspension, the Gator XUV 550 and 550 S4 provide up to 9 in. of wheel travel and up to 10.5 in. of ground clearance to smooth out the ride. In addition, for the 550, choose from either standard high-back bucket seats or plush bench seats. The 550 S4 comes standard with two rows of bench seats.

Operators will not only appreciate the smooth ride, they will love the all-new ergonomically designed operator station. The development of these new Gators started in the operator?s station, so they offer ample leg room, storage, and dash-mounted, automotive-type controls.

The Gator XUV 550 and 550 S4 deliver mid-duty level capability with speed and ease. Being smaller, overall, compared to the heavy-duty XUVs, the 550 model easily fits in the bed of a standard pickup while both vehicles can carry up to 400 lb of gear in the cargo box. Both models also have a top speed of 28 mph and four-wheel drive to quickly traverse all types of terrain. And with a 16-hp, 570-cc, air-cooled, V-twin gas engine, these units have greater speed and horsepower than most vehicles in their class.

For a larger crew and cargo flexibility, the 550 S4 provides rear seat flexibility. Two additional passengers can be transported in the rear seat, or if more cargo capacity is needed, the rear seat flips down in seconds to become a cargo rack.

The rear seat flexibility in the Gator XUV 550 S4 is truly innovative. The S4 can transport up to four people, but sometimes the customer will not need to transport that many people. In seconds, the rear seat can become useful, increasing cargo space up to 32 percent.

CCGATOR
08-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Ooops I forgot the Pics

gatorrhett
08-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Any word on if they are going to have powersteering for the 825I? Or any other new features??

pahawi
08-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Any word on if they are going to have powersteering for the 825I?

Spoke with a dealer today, who last week were present at JD's presentation of the European 2012 product line in Paris, and yes, the 825i he tried, had power steering (electric powered). It will be released in April or May here.

Paul

CCGATOR
08-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Paul, is the European product line and options, the same as what will be available un the US? I hope you and your brother are satisfied with your 2011 decision. I believe you made the right choice.

Charlie

pahawi
08-23-2011, 04:43 AM
Charlie,

Sorry, I don't know, but I can tell you, that if you order a Gator through a Danish dealer, some of the options available in US, is not available here. In other words, if power steering is available here, I cant imagine it isn't in the US.

Paul

juanca08
09-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Wondering who makes the engine for the new Gator 550?

purplewg
09-21-2011, 01:13 PM
I may be a bit prejudiced but the front end is butt ugly to me.

CCGATOR
09-21-2011, 02:08 PM
I agree purplweg, I look the bolder look of the 825i

bigriver
09-21-2011, 03:13 PM
I like the look and styling. Sporty. But here is where they lose a sell for me. Can we get some horsepower to go with that please. 16 horsepower? I mean really 16 horsepower? What's up with that. And air cooled?