PDA

View Full Version : 620i Battery replacement

ORCM
10-23-2011, 04:19 PM
I have a 620i, and need to replace the battery in it. I would like to up size to the biggest battery that I can fit in there, but I am having some problems finding anything thats around that size. Have any of you stuff a bigger battery in there? If so what brand, and what size.

Thanks

ORCM
10-29-2011, 01:12 PM
I came up with a solution if anyone is interested.

GATORDONE
10-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Lets' hear it!

ORCM
10-29-2011, 11:15 PM

Found a Costco Batt. 500 CCA/650 that fits in the battery tray perfectly. Its taller so you have to modify the hold down bracket, which was pretty easy. I moved it to the top bolt that holds the air filter housing, and bent the hold down bracket about an 1". It looks like it was stock, and all clearences are good. The battery has post, so you have to buy the adapters. I think the ones I bought cost about $5.

Wiring it up for the winch I bought for it now, and I think it will work a lot better.

WOEII
10-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Looks good! :Thmup:

hardint
11-19-2011, 08:43 PM
I went a different path and bade a Stainless steel battery box and mounted it to the frame on the right side and used a 750 cca motorcraft battery, now I can leave the radio on or have enough umph for my winch and jumping something is easy.

CaptDan
11-19-2011, 09:14 PM

Found a Costco Batt. 500 CCA/650 that fits in the battery tray perfectly. Its taller so you have to modify the hold down bracket, which was pretty easy. I moved it to the top bolt that holds the air filter housing, and bent the hold down bracket about an 1". It looks like it was stock, and all clearences are good. The battery has post, so you have to buy the adapters. I think the ones I bought cost about $5.

Wiring it up for the winch I bought for it now, and I think it will work a lot better.

Looks good ! Thanks for the info & picture !

Dan