PDA

View Full Version : Inside RSX Intel.

WOEII
11-07-2011, 04:09 PM
""Lots of aftermarket bits on that RSX, including some aftermarket suspension. But you didn't hear that from me.""
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_112.gif

:lurk:

srb08
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Which engine is JD using in the RSX?

Deputy347k9
11-08-2011, 06:48 AM
We need more aftermarket toys for the 825i too!

CaptDan
11-08-2011, 12:47 PM

I agree !

Dan

825joe
11-09-2011, 08:04 AM
I agree as well. lol

Gator_Racer
12-28-2011, 03:44 PM

I agree !

Dan

I agree as well. lol

you really won't see any there is not enough of a demand for it

i know the 850 will have suspension doors skid plates and so on from the aftermarket cause it is more user fieindly for those kind of upgrades

WOEII
01-15-2012, 08:53 PM
you really won't see any there is not enough of a demand for it

Ya, I woulda agreed with ya about a year and a half ago but these things are selling really good now. The searches for the 825i are massive. We will break the ceiling and then be side by side with the others but with 2 things better than them right off the bat....an American name and over 100 year history for doing nothin but kickin some arsse!! :Chers: :Thmup:

Gator_Racer
02-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Ya, I woulda agreed with ya about a year and a half ago but these things are selling really good now. The searches for the 825i are massive. We will break the ceiling and then be side by side with the others but with 2 things better than them right off the bat....an American name and over 100 year history for doing nothin but kickin some arsse!! :Chers: :Thmup:

still wont happen there is to much hype on other models and the after market companies are chasing there tails trying to keep up (polaris wildcat) there is a new yamaha coming out too. I know the owners of a lot of the aftermarket companies they are not going backwards right now on making things for the 825i the aftermarket will do more for the new 850 cause it is a sport model. you have to look at it like this the gator and the kawi mule dont have a lot of aftermarket performance and suspension upgrades due to them being "working UTV's" not "sport" models the reason JD is going after the sport market is to get there share they lost with there loyal customers

Harriman
03-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Gator_Racer,

I know very little about the aftermarket industry, but not sure I follow your logic above. There either is - or is not - sufficient demand for aftermarket parts for the Gator. If there is (again i have no idea) and the incumbents are too busy chasing new models, than new companies will be formed to capitalize on the unmet demand.

Meeting unmet demand is not going backwards, it is a forward looking profit opportunity. Quite possible that there just is less of a market opportunity for working UTVs though...

Regulator
03-13-2012, 08:10 AM
I agree Mr. Harriman....as popular as these Gators are getting, especially since they are filling a void in the market of both "work and play" wrapped up in one machine, I would think that there is a market for aftermarket accessories for them...especially the 825i and 855D machines...

I just recently visited the one of the more popular UTV accessories site and was pleasantly surprised at how many more items were available for the Gator XUV's then the last time I visited about a month ago...I think it was "2 Track ATV", one of the sites advertised on here alot in the ads at the top of the page...they had a bunch more parts specifically for the Gator than before....

Thanx for the post, and welcome to you...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

Gator_Racer
03-14-2012, 12:55 AM
I agree Mr. Harriman....as popular as these Gators are getting, especially since they are filling a void in the market of both "work and play" wrapped up in one machine, I would think that there is a market for aftermarket accessories for them...especially the 825i and 855D machines...

I just recently visited the one of the more popular UTV accessories site and was pleasantly surprised at how many more items were available for the Gator XUV's then the last time I visited about a month ago...I think it was "2 Track ATV", one of the sites advertised on here alot in the ads at the top of the page...they had a bunch more parts specifically for the Gator than before....

Thanx for the post, and welcome to you...

you are right there will be things for the gator but not what you are all expecting the major players like say Pro Armor are not going to take the time to go "backwards" on a model that does not have the following or the "buzz" like say the polaris 900 has had and with new models coming out they have to keep up with those

you have to look at it this way how many "true" motor and suspension mods have you seen for the gator in the last year. look how many things are out for the other models already. how many companies make wheels for them (you could buy 14in or larger wheels designed for trucks like the ford ranger or xj jeep ) it has taken 2 years for even someone to work on a clutch mod for them so dont get upset they will trickle down as they have time it is just not right now

here is a list of the models off the top of my head in the last 2 years that have come out it is hard to keep up and you want to sell and make what is popular first

gator 825i
polaris 900
polaris 900 4 seat
kawi tarex 4 seat
can am commander
artic cat wild cat
deere crew/sport

and here is what is coming soon
yamaha (rhino????)
deere 850
larger cc tarex
and rumor of a honda sport model

Regulator
03-14-2012, 08:24 AM
I think the whole problem with what you are saying, is that you keep mentioning "going backward" by producing Gator products...if there is a demand for products, and a company fills that demand, that isn't going backwards...and that "buzz" you are talking about is always gonna be for the new "performance" orientated machines that come out like the Razr's and Wildcats and such....that doesn't mean that Deere hasn't sold a shitload of these Gators and that there isn't a market for new products...

I'm not trying to argue with what you are saying...just trying to put the Gator in the proper perspective...