PDA

View Full Version : Backup alarm - Beep warned

trussman
11-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Since the gator will be used around the plant I installed the backup alarm kit. With OSHA it is a requirement to have a backup alarm.
My son and I decided this can't be a 30 minute project so let's get er done! Well about 3 hours later we had succesful beeping going on when in reverse. The problem came with the JD instructions. You are suppose to install this bracket which holds a pivot that strikes a button that came with the package when the gearshift is in the reverse postion. (whew) :Cnfsd: We tried everywhich way to install the bracket and it was obvious it wasn't going to fit. :jm: Did we have the wrong one? :mad: I checked out the number against the book and they matched, we had the right one. :hdscrh:
Well maybe if we alter this one or cut the bracket to get it to fit.:Nnd: Well that didn't work either. Finally we gave up and went for a ride.
Sometimes you just need to get away:BG:
We asked ourselves do we really need to install all this bracket shit anyway.:Eek: Why not just tie into the backup light circuit by adding a fuse and mount the horn with a couple bolts. Sure enough we were beeping in reverse and all to happy to put her in reverse just to annoy anyone within ear shot.:BG:

I couldn't believe that JD kit, button, and bracket was not needed and the instructions were off. Well come to find out there is another set of instructions for the 825i online. Of course it explains you don't use the bracket or button when installing the backup alarm on the 825i.:Cnfsd: If I would of had this it would of taken about 15 minutes to install....lol.

Maybe someone will need a bracket or button someday:BG:
Happy beeping!

Deputy347k9
11-29-2011, 08:01 PM
We seem to learn quite abit from others demise and hard work. Thank you for the feedback so we all won't have such a difficult time.

Halsey
11-30-2011, 07:16 AM
You should have gotten the 855d, I had already installed the backup light kit that required installing the switch on top of the transmission, (its standard on the 825), so all I did was detach the wiring harness to the switch on the transmission top that is used for backup lights, install the harness with the kit, bolt the bracket for the backup alarm on to the chassis, I had already installed the backup alarm on it, hooked up the backup alarm wiring harness and zip tied the harness out of the way. Maybe you got sent the wrong kit. Took longer to get all the tools together than do the job.

codyprice
02-23-2012, 09:59 AM
I just tried installing the backup alarm on my 625i last night. I too found that the bracket was never going to fit. It just wouldnt line up any which way you put it on. Where did you find the other set of instructions online? I have searched and have yet been able to find them.

Thanks!

trussman
02-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Well copdyprice, I could not find it either but I know it exist. As I recall the main point was to fasten the horn anywhere near the top of engine and all you need to do is plug the wire that comes with the horn into the transmission switch. When you put the gaotr in reverse it activates that spade bit on the side and the horn will beep. Like I exaplin above that is not what I did but the instructions read something like that. If I find them I will scan them or type out the instructions here.

BTW the part number on the horn = BM23197 that might help your search.

Hope it goes well.