PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Newbie from N. IN

kidd
12-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone...

Bought our Gator XUV 825i in July. We replaced our 4wheeler. The gator is the base model with up grade on tires. Never have I bought NEW so this is awesome. I put in foodplots for people and this tool is very handy. Looking forward to reading all your good advice!!

BTW I am posting a link to what we use to put in foodplots......
http://www.thefirminator.com/

Nate

trussman
12-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new 825i, you will really enjoy it.

CaptDan
12-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Yes, welcome to the forum !

Deputy347k9
12-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the Forum and wishing you a very "Merry Christmas"

Larry

Regulator
12-24-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm still kinda a newbie myself, but I will extend a welcome to you as well...this has been a really fun place to learn new stuff and to show off what you have done to your Gator...remember, we LOVE pics of your ride!!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Larry in MD

WOEII
01-03-2012, 01:13 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/34g4ljl.gif

Gator Hunter
01-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Holy cow... that's quite the seeder! Nice. I'm hoping to use my Gator for putting in food plots as well and let the 4-wheeler rest. I was using a fan cooled Honda 450 Foreman to pull a 4.5 foot disk, a pick tooth drag, and then a roller (we seed by hand-seeder and fertilize with a pull behind spreader). I think the liquid cooled Gator with much more power, is better suited for the job. Turning radious will be the only concern for those small "honey hole" plots we like to put in the middle of a forest.

kidd
01-14-2012, 04:34 PM
I used a 350 ranncher...just not enough...the turning radius is perfect...i have put in many honey holes without problems. It is a great piece of equipment and adding the gator has made a huge difference!!

Nate

Kerry G
01-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Bet you are getting use out of it now. :lol:

Gator Hunter
01-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Kidd.... do you work the soil before you use that seeder? I know your seeder has a disk on the front, but usually we need to disk the soil serveral times and in several different directions to break up and kill the "quack"... or do you use Round-Up on your areas first?

Glad to hear you think the Gator's turning radius won't be a problem for those tight areas we put plots in.

kidd
01-16-2012, 08:09 AM
We will round up the area first. It is importent to do so to kill off any growth that might be established, then we disk. One of the nice features of the seeder is the implement is 3 tools in one....disk seeder and cultapactor (sp)....makes it handy so I dont have to haul 3 implements....:)

Nate

CaptDan
01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Just curious when you refer to "foodplots" are you planting food for people or are they places to attract various animals to in order to make it easier to hunt ?

I'm just curious, grew up on the beach where people fish for food, never learned much about hunting.

Dan

kidd
01-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Yep....food plots for wildlife. Alot of times it's not so much for hunting purposes but to provide food year round. We also plant warm grasses that are excellent for habitat and bedding areas.

Good question!!:)

Nate

Gator Hunter
01-17-2012, 10:06 PM
kidd,

How do you pull that "Firminator" with a Gator if it needs a 3 pt hookup? Also how do you spread fertilizer? It doesn't look like this machine has hopper and drill for fertilzer or lime.

The closest machine I've seen in my neck of the woods to the Firminator is some all-in-one seeder at Gander Mountain... like $5k if I remember right.

dstreep
01-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Well hello there! I would like to welcome you to the forum though I am new here as well. I just recently made a purchase for a HPX 4x4 diesel gator and just been tinkering with it for the past couple of weeks. It is really cool to have a forum here that will be able to share a lot of information about it.

It looks like a pretty active forum so I can't wait to get right into it.