PDA

View Full Version : Bucket seats wanted

plateauman57
01-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Hey all. Anyone know where I can find some bucket seats for my new 2012 gator 825i. The dealer only had the gators with bench seats so I settled cuz I didn't want to wait for him to order one with bucket seats. I understand the standard bucket isn't extra but am thinking of a high back of some sort. And can you browse JD accessories on their web site or do you have to go to the dealer for that. Thanks in advance.

offroad2000
01-13-2012, 09:22 PM
hi i live in canada and changed mine on my new gator from john deere and they cost me 362.00 each
hope this helps

Bob

Deputy347k9
01-14-2012, 07:33 AM
$362.00 each! That is more then my Impala SS seats cost! Might be just a little mark up in price! :hdscrh:

plateauman57
01-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Wow, for that price they should be lined in velvet. But thanks for the info. Figured JD prices were high but just didn't think that high. Maybe I'll get some more replies with additional info. Thanks again.

offroad2000
01-14-2012, 12:48 PM
ya its high in price but you pay for what you get i know as a option they are 590.00 ordered from factory

i sort of got a deal on them from the dealer, they list at 404.39 canadian money part # am138605

you probaly can get them in the US for less

thanks Bob

asp
01-16-2012, 07:10 AM
When I bought mine I made the deal to swap the bench seat for bucket seats on the next one that arrived, about a month later one came in and the dealer exchanged them. The yellow (standard) buckets and the bench seat are the same price, there is no difference in price, only the high back (black) bucket seats are more. See what your dealer will do for you

I understand you wanting to swap, I think that the bench looks inferior in quality to the bucket seats

plateauman57
01-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the info. Will check with the dealer but I got the impression they don't order them with bucket seats. Thanks again.

CaptDan
01-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Leave a post on here in the section about parts wanted or selling, someone might be in the reverse situation and want to make a swap, never know !

BillT
05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Sport Bucket Seats are worth the money if you're spending time on the machine. Anyone considering an 825i get them:Thmup: w/ the machine, wait if you have too; expensive otherwise.

Regulator
05-02-2012, 12:05 AM
I've got the Sport Bucket Seats and that's the way it was ordered by the Dealership...I am glad I have them, but now since I am carrying around my Grandson alot, I kinda wish I had the bench seat so that he could sit in the middle when the wife and I are riding together....I think I am going to order a Bench Seat to be able to install it when we go trail riding...that way, I can install an extra set of seatbelts so that he can get strapped in like we are.....I guess I am lucky in a way since my Gator was bought off the Showroom Floor with the Sport Buckets, but now I am gonna have to spend the money for the Bench Seat too...

It' still way cheaper than buying a new Polaris RZR 4 LE....with two Grandson's growing up fast, I just might have to get one of them in a year or so so I can put them in the back 2 seats....I wouldn't give up my 825i though...it'll still always be my first Gator and I hope to keep it for a long time!!!

Larry in MD :Jestr:

J Grace
05-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Hey all. Anyone know where I can find some bucket seats for my new 2012 gator 825i. The dealer only had the gators with bench seats so I settled cuz I didn't want to wait for him to order one with bucket seats. I understand the standard bucket isn't extra but am thinking of a high back of some sort. And can you browse JD accessories on their web site or do you have to go to the dealer for that. Thanks in advance.

Purchased the sport bucket seats and glad I did. Added heat with three position switches ( hi, low and off)
mounted on the lower console. Great in the winter - toasted buns!

Regulator
05-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Purchased the sport bucket seats and glad I did. Added heat with three position switches ( hi, low and off)
mounted on the lower console. Great in the winter - toasted buns!

That's a great idea!!!....where did you buy the heating units???...I am assuming it was a complete kit that can be bought....I have heated seats on my HD Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classicn and they are sweet for when it's cold out...along with the heated grips, it's amazing how much having warm hands and ass make a cold ride so much better...every little bit helps, I guess...

The only thing I don't like about my bucket seats is that they sit up so high...there is a company in PA somewhere that will take a stock or custom motorcycle seat and cut the foam down a bit inside the seat and then add that high density foam, and/or a gel pad to make the seat more comfortable...most stock seats will compress down to the bottom of the seat pan after riding a bunch of miles, affording you hardly any padding and causing those dreaded "hot spots" on your butt that get more miserable the longer you ride...the high density foam doesn't collapse like regular foam and keeps you from getting those hot spots...the same goes for the gel padding....they use the stuff to alleviate bed sores in hospitals where a patient has to lay on one side for long periods of time...I even use a Air-Hawk Air Cushion Seat on my bikes, and used to use it in my big truck when I was driving alot...those seats are REALLY sweet...

Jeez...I got off track there...I was thinking off sending my seat bottoms up to that place in PA to cut down the thickness of them in half maybe, and then add the high density foam and a gel pad in the center of the seats...that would cut down the height some, plus would make them more comfy in the long run...as I stated before, I am thinking of buying a bench seat for the added seat in the middle for my Grandson, so if I did that, I could send the seat bottoms off without having to lose any riding time...that's a bonus for me...I don't like to be without my Gator!!!

Larry in MD :Jestr:

J Grace
05-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Purchased heating pads (lower & upper) on line as a kit with the switches included. Can't tell they are there under the stock seat cover.
Switch are lighted to show the position the control is in. Nice clean installation with no wires showing and still able
to tilt seats if needed.

CaptDan
05-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Heated seats is a brilliant idea. I bet if John Deere is reading this, we will see heated seats as an option in the very near future !

Jeep advertises that it has heated seats to extend the time people can ride with the top off their jeep.

Dan - NJ