PDA

View Full Version : 2007 HPX MFWD Problem?

georgja
01-14-2012, 10:23 AM
I recently had my HPX in MFWD and it worked fine - driving on grass - When I went to engage it the other day, it would not engage and/or I heard a grating sound (metal on metal) when moving forward slightly - I quickly disengaged and the gator runs fine in 2wd - any thoughts? Am I in for an expensive repair?? Hope not!

Thanks.

georgja
01-21-2012, 09:52 PM
All:

Thanks for checking this post. I recently found an excellent and inexpensive shop manual for the HPX at www.eastcoastmanuals.com - turns out all I needed to do was to adjust the cam that activates the MFWD - works fine now. The manual is really comprehensive, with lots of photos and step-by-step procedures. My next project is going to be redoing the brakes ...

Enjoying my 2007 HPX - good luck to everyone.

tex_diesel
01-22-2012, 12:02 AM
I can't find anything about gators on that site, am I missing something or could you double check that link. Thanks for the post/update!!!!:Thmup::Thmup:

georgja
01-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Don't know what to say - I downloaded the manual (480 pp, 63 MB) at the end of December from EastCoast Manuals' website. But I see what you are saying - I can't find it on their site now either. Maybe the best thing to do is to contact them directly.