PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new back seat!!!!!

elbowcarey
01-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Just got done framing out a backseat for my Gator, just have to get two cup holders for the center and cut them in......And its off to the upholstery shop to get some JD YELLOW vinyl on it!

Regulator
01-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Wow...that's pretty cool....looks like it be real comforable when you get a bit of cushioning and vinyl on it...

I'd be proud of that for sure...I am terrible working with wood...after working at my trucking company for the past 34 years, I'm more happy with a torch and a sledgehammer...I couldn't cut a straight line in a piece of wood on a laser guided, self feeding circular table saw if I had to...I admire folks that can work with wood...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

WOEII
01-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Whooa! Great idea! Looks good...can't wait to see the finished product. :OhNoes:
:Chers:

CaptDan
01-17-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm with Larry, can't cut a straight line. I do so much admire people with talent, you are blessed !

Dan

Deputy347k9
01-17-2012, 06:55 AM
More ideas! Can't wait to see the finished product. I am assuming this will be a slip in model, what will secure it in place?

I agree you are a gifted gent!

elbowcarey
01-17-2012, 09:21 PM
See how its up off of the bed, I did that for drainage so it doesn't rot out that way its off of the corrugated bottem. So there are 1X1's glued/nailed to the underneath and there's also a few holes drilled through the bed. Once its slid in place and the bed is in the up position, you just have to put a few screws up through the bottem into the 1X1's. Also I'm going to put velcro on the back of the backrest to the radius part of the back of the bed rail. Should be fine.