PDA

View Full Version : Dash Switches

CaptDan
04-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Someone posted awhile back that Ace Hardware switch #3135472 is a perfect fit in the dash openings of the Gator. I just received mine and they fit perfectly. The has gone up from the original 4.99 to $6.99 but worth it to me, a perfect fit.

Dan - NJ

Deputy347k9
04-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Dan, what more have you added? I am looking for ideas, must be the rain!

Larry in ME

CaptDan
04-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Larry,

Have not added anything lately. I have the winch I will install when I get some time and a few nice days. I have learned form other projects get while the getting is good, so I bought all five of the dash switches to fill in the existing openings in my dash for switches.

A thought my daughter had for me, knowing I was not happy about one key fitting all gators, was that the switches can be put in upside down, so I could wire 2 of the switches into the ignition circuit so the would have to be in the correct position in order for the key switch to work. Not a fool proof security system but would slow down anyone who thought they could just hop in it and use their key to drive away with it. I just might do that for now.

Dan - NJ

osiris
04-24-2012, 06:05 PM
with a utv nothing is theft proof just back the trailer up and winch it on, but with having the switches for your added security is all good, plus in the future if u want to use one of the switches to turn things on its super easy to rewire have fun

Deputy347k9
04-25-2012, 07:25 AM
Dan: Super idea, might not be full proof but as you said, it will slow them down. Will keep the one time thief scratching his head while you shoot his arss! I like!

Larry in ME

CaptDan
05-11-2012, 01:45 AM
I use the Gator around camp all summer, the switches will just stop or slowdown some goof ball that might think he is funny and decide that he will take the Gator out for a spin while I'm busy doing something else.

Deputy347k9
05-11-2012, 06:56 AM
I hear you Dan, at least slow them down a tad. Besides all the security I could think of I did add the insurance. Just in case some one decides to drive off with the new enclosed trailer and 825i. I would be out a large hunk of change. The switch idea comes in hand also for children. I know as a child I would have been playing around trying to firgure things out!

Larry in ME

CaptDan
06-07-2012, 12:18 AM
I am following up on my post about Dash Switches for the 825i. I originally ordered some switches from Ace Hardware that fit the dash opening in the Gator dash perfectly. When I installed my winch, a Warn Xt40, I could not find a place that I was happy with to install the hardwire switch provided by Warn. So I did some research and found switches from “Seachoice Products” available on line from Discount Marine Supplies, http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com that also fit the opening in the dash perfectly. They have a full selection or colors, and configurations, such as I used for the winch, momentary on – off – momentary on. They offer switches that have a small LED built in to indicate that the switch is on. All are weather sealed for use in marine applications which makes them ideal switches for the Gator.

I have attached a photo of the switch I have used to control the winch. There are three switches in the photo, the bottom left is an on off switch that gives power to the winch controller. This MUST be turned on for either the hardwire or the wireless remote to engage the winch, sort of an additional safety measure to avoid an accidental engagement of the winch. The small round button is a push button, momentary on switch used for the air horn I have installed. The switch on the top is the hardwire switch for the winch. Push, and hold, the top of the switch to winch the line out, push and hold the bottom of the switch to winch the line in. The switch is spring loaded with the normal position to be in the center, off position.

I hope this information is helpful and saves you some time.

Dan – NJ

Kiwi06
06-07-2012, 10:10 PM
I am following up on my post about Dash Switches for the 825i. I originally ordered some switches from Ace Hardware that fit the dash opening in the Gator dash perfectly. When I installed my winch, a Warn Xt40, I could not find a place that I was happy with to install the hardwire switch provided by Warn. So I did some research and found switches from “Seachoice Products” available on line from Discount Marine Supplies, http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com that also fit the opening in the dash perfectly. They have a full selection or colors, and configurations, such as I used for the winch, momentary on – off – momentary on. They offer switches that have a small LED built in to indicate that the switch is on. All are weather sealed for use in marine applications which makes them ideal switches for the Gator.

Thanks a bunch, Dan!!! Great info! :cool:

- Steve in CO