PDA

View Full Version : " Ridge Runner" build-up update : Light Bar

mountaingoat
05-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Hello all. As promised, here is an update on my XUV 550 mountain "Ridge Runner" build up. A bit of a break in Vermont's spring rains gave me some time to install my new folding roof mounted light bar. I didn't have to tube bend ,and weld this one up, as the good people at Factory UTV in California built this one to my spec's for the 550. I installed Aluminum Billet handles purchased from J.W. Winco, on-line, to enable the unit to lock and fold. There are three Hella Rally 4000X halogens mounted, at 35W each. The Deere installed high output alternator barely knows there there. You may notice there are tabs on the frame sides which will hold another smaller frame hoop which will aide to protect the unit when folded. Since I had opted for the overhead switch unit there was already a relay in place. I made up a three light harness with quick disconnects should I need to replace a light bulb, or remove the bar. Also to be done are seals around the light wires, and stanchions. I'm happy with the results, so on to the next project, some cool fold-in tube frame mirrors. mountaingoat111911201121

Deputy347k9
05-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Very nice looking setup. Quality work too!

Larry in ME

825joe
05-16-2012, 08:14 AM
cool set up!!:Thmup: