PDA

View Full Version : Intro and need help!

oliver88
05-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Hi!

I am new to the forum and am having problems with my 2007 Gator CX...It will start and run fine when cold but after running for awhile it will not re-start if I shut it off. Ocassionally after cranking for quite awhile it restarts but most of the time it the engine needs to cool for 15-20 minutes before it will start. I have done the filters, new plug, etc....I pulled the spark plug the last time it wouldn't start and it had no visible spark when I grounded the plug and turned over the starter. Any ideas? It is really giving me fits! Thanks, i apprecaite any and all suggestions.

Deputy347k9
05-21-2012, 10:22 PM
First, "Welcome to the Forum" I am sure you will find some great individuals here that are willing to lend any advise they can.

Now I am not that great working on these machines, however, we realize you need spark, air anf fuel for any engine to run. Could your coil be breaking down when it gets hot? I ask this as you did not have any spark when you tested the plug once hot?

Please keep us updated and I am sure others will chime in that might have had the same problem.

Larry in ME

Kiwi06
05-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Welcome to the forum and I hope you get your problem solved! I'm not familiar with the CX, but that won't stop me from diagnosing. :BG:

I think Larry is on the right track even if he doesn't think he's great at this. :cool: Just to verify, do you get a good spark when cold? I ask because depending on lighting, it can be hard to see the spark, and just making sure. In my experience, a bad "warm/hot" coil will cause running problems, not just starting, but it's not too far fetched to only see the issue in trying to start. With the engine off and no airflow, some parts of the engine compartment will "bake". (Most often, I've seen hot restart issues due to fuel vapor lock. When running, the new fuel keeps the lines cool, but when shut down, they heat to the point where the fuel vaporizes. Won't have anything to do with no spark though.)

Best of luck!

- Steve in sunny CO